• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The dense airmass in place is going to help focus a lot of heavy lift over SNE even if we get sleet up to NH border area…so I think I’d probably be going warning snowfall amounts here unless we start getting this vort tracking north of Lake Ontario into Ottawa and start pelting the chickens. 

But I’m also a little bit skeptical of a very far north vort track for the same reason. Lot of confluence up there. This is a pretty ideal location for high pressure. Classic scooter high. 

Winds will be east so should turn into a wetter snow before a mix and likely a change to some -RA here before we go back to some light snow. Could be rapid falling temps once again. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The dense airmass in place is going to help focus a lot of heavy lift over SNE even if we get sleet up to NH border area…so I think I’d probably be going warning snowfall amounts here unless we start getting this vort tracking north of Lake Ontario into Ottawa and start pelting the chickens. 

But I’m also a little bit skeptical of a very far north vort track for the same reason. Lot of confluence up there. This is a pretty ideal location for high pressure. Classic scooter high. 

Gun to head now, I would go warning from about you points northward, and advisory south of there.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:12 PM, 40/70 Benchmark said:

4 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

What NWS thinks early on for us south CT people 

StormTotalSnowWeb.thumb.jpg.12f18372b596797753d338f43fbbab1f.jpg

Not a fan of Upton generally speaking, but that jives fairly well with my first look from Sunday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, radiator said:

@Spanks45 by any chance is that 6 mil plastic UV-resistant greenhouse film?

How much snow load is “too much” for that? Is the poly film the weak point or is it the hoop strength?

Or does it mainly depend on the hoop spacing?

It is 6 mil film, I bought it back in 2017 but I keep using it for these temporary hoops. They are not fancy by any means, but with all day sun I will have beets, lettuce, carrots, radishes, spinach, and onions sprouting by the first week of March. If there is a really cold stretch I can just cover with last year's leaves for a few days. 

If the snow is too heavy, I will need to remove it. If they were permanent structures, I would add a support down the center and decrease the spacing between the hoops to increase strength. I use pvc brackets to connect to the hoops, they give fairly easy, but that is ok, it actually protects from ripping the film.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic