• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Where can I go to find snowfall maps for all these historical events? With major winter storms I can often google image and I get a map on google. But a storm like "2/5/2014" is not among em. Same for other systems as well that I have wanted to look up, for example, the only significant snowstorm for Westerly RI during the 2001-2002 winter in which I was in high school.

28 minutes ago, radarman said:

Not sure about plotted snowfall maps for non-major events, but you can always grab the PNS reports from the IA State site:

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/list.phtml

Here’s a map from that storm

EAA43AB7-4E50-4009-8D28-EC852489EDD2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Thats a stretch 

Not as much as it seems. 80 inches is a lot, but there’s a good chance Boston gets to 50 on Friday, probably more. Then there is the next week storm, which I am extremely bullish on due to how amplified the ridge out west is. There is a good chance Boston is at 60 or so inches headed into March (this is conservative based on the upper air pattern for the end of Feb) Then 20 or more inches on March. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

13 minutes ago, George001 said:

Not as much as it seems. 80 inches is a lot, but there’s a good chance Boston gets to 50 on Friday, probably more. Then there is the next week storm, which I am extremely bullish on due to how amplified the ridge out west is. There is a good chance Boston is at 60 or so inches headed into March (this is conservative based on the upper air pattern for the end of Feb) Then 20 or more inches on March. 

I would like your wisdom and POSITIVE THOUGHTS to tell us what you think additional accums for the Kev/JC/Iowa/Ginxy zone will get to over the next couple weeks. Maybe with a little science too! :weenie::lol:

8 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I would like your wisdom and POSITIVE THOUGHTS to tell us what you think additional accums for the Kev/JC/Iowa/Ginxy zone will get to over the next couple weeks. Maybe with a little science too!

I’m extremely bullish on the Feb 28th threat. It doesn’t look great at the surface, but the upper levels tell a different story (I go in more detail in the late winter finale thread). Aside from being a little more optimistic about the Friday storm now, my thoughts have not changed since I made that thread. The guidance is still advertising a very good pattern.

3 hours ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Where can I go to find snowfall maps for all these historical events? With major winter storms I can often google image and I get a map on google. But a storm like "2/5/2014" is not among em. Same for other systems as well that I have wanted to look up, for example, the only significant snowstorm for Westerly RI during the 2001-2002 winter in which I was in high school.

Xmacis.rcc-acis.org 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

The only snow in Westerly in 2002 was Jan 21st 6 inches

I tried to find the info for that event just a minute ago and spent 10 minutes poking around for data and was unsuccessful because there was so many different things to ask for. Comprehensive indeed.. 

I only remembered getting 4 or 5 inches for that event. But 6 is close enough. 20 years is enough to bend memories.

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The only snow in Westerly in 2002 was Jan 21st 6 inches

During the 2001-2002 season. It occurred on a Saturday night. The Brady playoff against the Raiders in Foxboro. But this wasn't the only snow in 2002. There was a plowable event in early December 2002 and possibly another event later in the month. 

37 minutes ago, ScottieBird said:

During the 2001-2002 season. It occurred on a Saturday night. The Brady playoff against the Raiders in Foxboro. But this wasn't the only snow in 2002. There was a plowable event in early December 2002 and possibly another event later in the month. 

Dec 2002 is the next year

38 minutes ago, weathafella said:

They don’t call it crazy uncle for nothing.....   

I expect a trend somewhat north by ths time tomorrow.

I agree that it’s going to tick north a bit. However It’s also going to become more juiced up, and the better dynamics would offset the north tick, leading to a cooler and snowier solution even south of the pike imo.

• Confused 1

New Euro is out, and it looks really good even south of the pike. North of the pike it has some areas with over a foot. Goalposts are narrowing with a similar look across guidance. Looks like the Euro is most north and Canadian is most south. I’m thinking a blend of my big 3 with more weight towards the Euro. I do think we will see qpf juice up some closer to the event with the trend towards aggressive secondary redevelopment (Miller B) continuing. Snow ratios I’m assuming 10:1. 

My early call:

Boston and pike north: 12-16 inches, isolated 18 inches

CT-RI/Mass border on north up to the pike area: 10-14 inches

South shore and upper cape: 6-10 inches

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 6

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic