• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t understand.. why was it tough?

In all seriousness.. how much weed are you going thru per week? Does it vary?

You are becoming obsessed with his weed usage. It’s prob 10x healthier than beer. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You are becoming obsessed with his weed usage. It’s prob 10x healthier than beer. 

Do you see how many of his posts are directed at IPA? You are smart , so I know you see them. I get you are a proponent and user of weed.. .That’s fine. But why can’t I question his usage when he harasses beer drinkers for enjoying a few cold ones? Or do you feel guilty for hiding the chewables you take from family?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t understand.. why was it tough?

In all seriousness.. how much weed are you going thru per week? Does it vary?

It was early in the day and you made a “friday is now rain” post to which you were heavily scolded by Will and others for it. Everyone knew you had been drinking already so we took it easy on you, but we were and still are concerned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It could be but it’s kind of it’s on own right now. 

Yeah I’m selling GFS. This pattern wants to track the vort well west and typically that is going to hint where the trends will happen. Even the GFS is tracking the vort from about Erie PA to CNE. That’s not typically going to stay all snow south of the pike. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do you see how many of his posts are directed at IPA? You are smart , so I know you see them. I get you are a proponent and user of weed.. .That’s fine. But why can’t I question his usage when he harasses beer drinkers for enjoying a few cold ones? Or do you feel guilty for hiding the chewables you take from family?

You proudly flaunt your IPA affinity. Nothing wrong with that or the edibles. I don’t personally care, lol. I just noticed you were making more and more posts about it recently. 

Though the “Friday is gone” post did cause some of us to be concerned maybe you had consumed 3 or 4 IPAs instead of the usual one or two before passing out. 

• Haha 10

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It was early in the day and you made a “friday is now rain” post to which you were heavily scolded by Will and others for it. Everyone knew you had been drinking already so we took it easy on you, but we were and still are concerned. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You proudly flaunt your IPA affinity. Nothing wrong with that or the edibles. I don’t personally care, lol. I just noticed you were making more and more posts about it recently. 

Though the “Friday is gone” post did cause some of us to be concerned maybe you had consumed 3 or 4 IPAs instead of the usual one or two before passing out. 

I personally do not care what anyone chooses to do. But there are far, far more beer drinkers than pot users . Everyone can imbibe in whatever they like . But Runaway is not a beer guy and feels the need to question a few IPA’s a week make a drunk . So to offset that.. you’ve ask got to question him and how much weed he’s inhaling/ chewing etc . It’s cut and dry . Literally 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Harassing beer drinkers…lol. 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I personally do not care what anyone chooses to do. But there are far, far more beer drinkers than pot users . Everyone can imbibe in whatever they like . But Runaway is not a beer guy and feels the need to question a few IPA’s a week make a drunk . So to offset that.. you’ve ask got to question him and how much weed he’s inhaling/ chewing etc . It’s cut and dry . Literally 

That’s an odd way to prove a point but I didn’t know you would take this so personal to think I am ‘harassing’ your beer team. I’m a firm believer folks should do whatever they want as long as it doesn’t affect anyone else. So if you’re not driving intoxicated, not falling asleep at work, and your wife and kids enjoy your presence when you’re drinking… then keep pounding. 

I thought we were having fun with this but your clearly taking it personal and upset so I’ll ease up. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Beer?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s an odd way to prove a point but I didn’t know you would take this so personal to think I am ‘harassing’ your beer team. I’m a firm believer folks should do whatever they want as long as it doesn’t affect anyone else. So if you’re not driving intoxicated, not falling asleep at work, and your wife and kids enjoy your presence when you’re drinking… then keep pounding. 

I thought we were having fun with this but your clearly taking it personal and upset so I’ll ease up. 

It’s all in good fun. I bust balls and expect mine to get busted back . But when Will chimes in and I’ve seen him rip back a plethora of beers in person over the years .. it’s time to call out the big guns . Let’s just enjoy the Icestorm in CT later this week and see what the first few weeks of Morch can offer to just pad stats. I need 21” just to hit normal. “High”ly unlikely 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s all in good fun. I bust balls and expect mine to get busted back . But when Will chimes in and I’ve seen him rip back a plethora of beers in person over the years .. it’s time to call out the big guns . Let’s just enjoy the Icestorm in CT later this week and see what the first few weeks of Morch can offer to just pad stats. I need 21” just to hit normal. “High”ly unlikely 

All it takes is one storm to hit 21 inches, you can get that even in a bad pattern. This upcoming pattern looks great. At least 6-12 is looking likely Friday with possibly more of this trends to more of a Miller B, then a bigger storm threat Feb 28th. If that whiffs, we have more opportunities early March.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I laugh when you rib on me and the weed so all good here. 

I need about 25” or so to hit normal. It’s doable especially with Ginxy’s epic March pattern incoming. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I laugh when you rib on me and the weed so all good here. 

I need about 25” or so to hit normal. It’s doable especially with Ginxy’s epic March pattern incoming. 

Yeah ACAMATT (AM stands for all Moosup) is touting a massive and wild snowy  month in SNE. Based on that .. hoping for 40-50”

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

So the country’s unending polarization  now extends to beer versus edibles? I think you should be on the same team.  Maybe we need liquid pot and edible beer or something.  It’s sort of like the Miller B and swfe people fighting each other.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

So the country’s unending polarization  now extends to beer versus edibles? I think you should be on the same team.  Maybe we need liquid pot and edible beer or something.  It’s sort of like the Miller B and swfe people fighting each other.  

Lol. There is liquid weed already.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It keeps trying to die the primary in like WV with early development off NJ. Highly Skeptical but we can silently cheer at George’s miller B pep rally. 

I can certainly understand the reticence there ... if for no other reason, seasonal trend to bang butts within an inch of sanity just before beginning the butt banging.... heh

But this is maybe the first event this entire cold season that featured a major polar high drapery sitting over top like that.  I mean, already there ... prior to this baroclinic bowing back N beginning at 72 hours... It's not like moving in as the high is moving in(out) and we're dealing with races.  Unless that changes appreciably in future guidance - which can ... yup - for now, we are not driving a primary to NY state with that +PP/BL resistance in place.. And it's dense air - it's in the single digits in Watertown NY (GFS/Euro) next Friday at 12z ? 

Mm... hope... this is not going west of the Hudson.  Physically can't do that ... to mention, the confluence is there anyway.    If for some reason in hades all that and that high suddenly correct tremendously well ...okay - not much we can do about that.  

Anyway, the actual cyclogen mechanics are weak in this.  But the BL resistance is very high.  So that primary dying and the quasi Miller B translation is really just response to not being able to move a weaker circulation through the dense cold air.  It's correct relative to its own synoptic metrical layout.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

GFS has been quite steadfast for the last 3-4 days now.  It will be a big cave if and when that happens.

We're hyper focused ...  I mean not you per se - but the variations among the guidance' is really not that great.  But when ptype bands get very compressed along the x-coordinate, folks tend to magnify the difference between model's a, z, 1 and 3 ..etc, like they are huge. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We're hyper focused ...  I mean not you per se - but the variations among the guidance' is really not that great.  But when ptype bands get very compressed along the x-coordinate, folks tend to magnify the difference between model's a, z, 1 and 3 ..etc, like they are huge. 

Yeah, more so than for coastals I think with discrepancies along the y axis. Part of me thinks that's because people fundamentally understand the logic of the ocean influencing ptype, but not the logic of CAD versus WAA

2 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

This is an extremely bizarre thread. Beer drinkers versus chewable chewers, who will win the battle of the inebriated??

Hopefully sobriety from moderation ...as in, clip those discussions and send them over to the banter thread ?  god it's not even interesting for f sake

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Oh..I see what Will's saying though.  Yeah, the GFS could afford to move that maybe 100 mile N of that primary to quasi M-b on this 18z run.  It wouldn't harm ( very much..) the ptype of the Euro ( doing some cross guidance comparing...).  But the 18z could easily just be noise.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic