Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 24-25, 2022 Ice/Sleet/Rain/Snow (yeah sure) Storm Thread

WinterWxLuvr

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Did Fairfax close for tomorrow yet? I think a pity 2hr delay is fairly likely for HoCo.

BCPS sent an email today about the fact there are no more allotted snow days. Any days they take off get tacked on at the end of the year. If it’s 2 days or more at home, it’s virtual learning. 

Current observations 

Back at home in Union bridge MD - 32F with on and off spotty drizzle for the past hour. Currently dry. DP is 24. Under a WWA for mixed precip - up to an inch of snow and 1/10” of ice 

Current location: new city, NY  - my parents have a nifty weather station. 

31F / 15F mostly cloudy - Visibility 10mi  - 4MPH ENE wind -

Under a WWA for 3-5” of Snow / sleet. Hoping this doesn’t cancel the surprise 50th anniversary party me and my brothers are throwing for our folks tomorrow evening. Thankfully snow removal up here is way more efficient than back at home 

I have as much freezing rain as I expected down here NW of Staunton.  Which is nothing!  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada.  Not even on the thinnest of the most elevated of daintiest of surfaces.  Just cold rain as usual when freezing rain is predicted imby.

So far, the NAM nest has failed for the 86th time in a row to verify with freezing rain here.

Not trying to be a deb, but I hate 33 and rain. Lol 

If you like freezing rain and sleet, I hope you northern/western/elevated peeps get pummeled!  And maybe some snow too! I like all frozen, but I respect different sensibilities.