Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 24-25, 2022 Ice/Sleet/Rain/Snow (yeah sure) Storm Thread

WinterWxLuvr

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

But anyway, who knows. lol 

that too.  i'm not emotionally invested in this storm one way or another.  maybe my post came off that way, though i did mention shortly after that i was mostly kidding.  the remaining skepticism is based on how ground temps (and tree/power lines, etc.) always seem to be a mystery leading into these types of events.  i think it's actually an interesting topic and not discussed much.  there's times where the snow sticks to the roads when you wouldn't expect it and there's times where it melts on contact because of the sun angle.  which leads back to...who knows lol.

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

that too.  i'm not emotionally invested in this storm one way or another.  maybe my post came off that way, though i did mention shortly after that i was mostly kidding.  the remaining skepticism is based on how ground temps (and tree/power lines, etc.) always seem to be a mystery leading into these types of events.  i think it's actually an interesting topic and not discussed much.  there's times where the snow sticks to the roads when you wouldn't expect it and there's times where it melts on contact because of the sun angle.  which leads back to...who knows lol.

i dont want ice so i hope its a nothing burger :) 

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

i dont want ice so i hope its a nothing burger :) 

i can do without ice, but i don't hate sleet as much as i used to...i didn't expect my thought process would change on that because it was definitely a buzz kill growing up.  and speaking of sleet, it's pinging here in the whittier area of frederick at the moment.

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

i mean...honest question...how quickly will ground temps freeze after temps the last few days?  we're also dealing with daylight mitigating a big drop in temps as well.  i'm being imby, but i'm sure far northern and western md will be a different ballgame.

With ice, it's almost never about the roads (bridges and overpasses the exception). More power lines and trees. 

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

With ice, it's almost never about the roads (bridges and overpasses the exception). More power lines and trees. 

true, though i still have some doubts about the latter impacts for this storm.  this event will make for an interesting case study.  60 degree temps for multiple days leading in with a dense cold air mass replacing it.  we'll know tomorrow lol.

5 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Boo lol. I love anything besides 33 and rain. Ice forming on the bamboo trees next door. Temp was stuck at 32.7 all morning but has crashed to 31.5 in the past 10 minutes. I also finally got myself a real deal weather station. Love it

Hopefully the ice kills and decimates that bamboo!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Boo lol. I love anything besides 33 and rain. Ice forming on the bamboo trees next door. Temp was stuck at 32.7 all morning but has crashed to 31.5 in the past 10 minutes. I also finally got myself a real deal weather station. Love it

to each their own

• Like 1