Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Saturday Snow Squall Discussion/Obs

Sey-Mour Snow

21 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Kids wanted me to upload the video, so here it is...Dont mind the over dramatic children in the yard, LOL. Watching it spill over the hill was pretty amazing, then the walls of snow were impressive as well.....

That's what it's all about.  So awesome.  

The peeps here can chide me about windex but man I see lots of posts about it. Lol  Windsexy.

• Like 3

At approximately 4:40pm EST I entered an area of snow shower along rt 32 North, not far from where North Franklin approaches South Windham. By the time I made it deep into the town of South Windham, Visibility was down to 200-300 feet and everything was abruptly white. The transition took about 1/2 mile to complete. I realized I was caught in the band of a snow squall but did not know its orientation or size. The snowfall intensity was remarkable, and was heavier than anything you'd see in even most strong nor-easters. By the time I got into Willimantic, there was around 1/2 inch and everything was white. The snow began lightening up in intensity as I made my way into the house, and I have not looked outside since. 

There had been snow showers a couple hours earlier down in East Lyme around 2pm but they only lasted 30 minutes or so, and nothing stuck.