Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Saturday Snow Squall Discussion/Obs

Sey-Mour Snow

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that squall line even on the robust HRRR is so narrow. The 2010 event was like 5x as wide. It was like 20+ miles wide. 

If it verifies that narrow then it’s going to be like 5-7 minutes and then done instead of 30+ minutes like we saw in a 2010 event. 5-7 minutes can still cause major road issues if it’s 4-5” per hour stuff, but you’d still end up with under an inch. 

radar from 1/28/10 seems like it was faster than you remember

myanimation (2).gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

radar from 1/28/10 seems like it was faster than you remember

myanimation (2).gif

Not really. The 20+ dbz echoes initially hit ORH around 505pm and then don’t clear out until 540ish. That’s a long time under 20+ dbz echoes in that unstable environment. I remember the event very well. We had about 3.5” in 35-40 minutes along with a flash freeze. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not really. The 20+ dbz echoes initially hit ORH around 505pm and then don’t clear out until 540ish. That’s a long time under 20+ dbz echoes in that unstable environment. I remember the event very well. We had about 3.5” in 35-40 minutes along with a flash freeze. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think some areas in N CT had 4-5” in that one. I think even BDL in the valley cleaned up. 

That first initial band looks pretty healthy, maybe it over performs. The second white out band is cranking wow. 

• Like 1