Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 23-25th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

11 hours ago, madwx said:

2.6" here as of 930.  The first 4 hours of this have really overperformed in the deformation band, but the rates will really be dropping off as it moves eastward.   The snow is really beautful sparkling in the streetlights

It already compacted down to 2” by the time I measured this morning.  I would guess that it got up to 3” or so when the snow stopped but that’s really just a guess

10 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Wow. This is the first 3" snow in Mt Pleasant this season!?

Well, 15 miles NE of Mt Pleasant... Every storm has been northern fringe pixie dust this year, worst luck I have ever seen, I was kind of sad my not having a 3" storm futility record was broken. I just moved the goalposts to 4" instead, I've definitely never had a season without a 4" storm either in my 42 years.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, smoof said:

Well, 15 miles NE of Mt Pleasant... Every storm has been northern fringe pixie dust this year, worst luck I have ever seen, I was kind of sad my not having a 3" storm futility record was broken. I just moved the goalposts to 4" instead, I've definitely never had a season without a 4" storm either in my 42 years.

How close are you to Standish? I hear they've had a very "open" winter as the old timers say.

13 hours ago, Owensnow said:

Final -1" here

Models did horribly with the placement of the banding vs qpf and plumes.  Plumes and qpf were over .35 here.  Ended with less than one inch.

Spring is coming

Same up here. EURO clued in a bit on the northward jog but even it didn't jog enough.  Half the qpf observed vs. the model consensus.

About 2.5" total.