• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 23-25th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

Doesn't look like anything special but should be at least a few cold inches of powder to come home to. Looks like just piles left at home but fortunately haven't seen a full day of bare ground since mid to late Jan, and haven't seen a day without at least snow piles around since Dec 26. No complaints about the Nov Jan Feb portion of this winter, just Dec.

14 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

plumes tightly clustered, call looking $$$

14 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

plumes tightly clustered, call looking $$$

take what you can and run. Would like to be on the cold side of an early March monster. it's been awhile. But I suspect this ain't the year so I'll take this 2-4 incher. Only suspense is does LOT go with a headline for this event. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ILSNOW said:

point n click for Buffalo Grove

Thursday Night   
Snow. Low around 22. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

WWA LOT 2"-5".  

30 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

would surpass yesterday morning's hail as the event of the winter for the NW burbs

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I knew it was bad in the northwest suburbs and up toward MKE, but didn't realize just how sluggish it's been.  The total snow to date at RFD is the lowest since 2002-03.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I knew it was bad in the northwest suburbs and up toward MKE, but didn't realize just how sluggish it's been.  The total snow to date at RFD is the lowest since 2002-03.

The seasonal snowfall totals in some of those areas actually mask how bad it has been, believe it or not.

My brother lives in the northern suburbs of MKE, and they have 10” of snow for the season so far. As bad as that is, all of the snow has been DABs to 2” at a time. Depth hasn’t exceeded 2” there all season, and most days the depth has been 0-T. It’s incredibly and horribly pathetic…no sugar coating it. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Pitching shut outs for the month of December I think hurts NW burbs and RFD moreso than metro LOT and further SE. Most winters we generally jump out to a head start due to the warm lake being a negative influence for you. ORD catches up and surpasses RFD due to lake enhancement and LES as winter progresses. Also the fact we haven't had any classic amped up,negative tilt storms deepening as they track through Indy into lower MI  that bring mixing up to southern LOT but heavy snow further NW has been somewhat unusual

• Like 3

Kind of a bummer that KIND's radar is down. But it is probably a good thing for this event. When it is a *kitchen sink*  storm, probably best just to stick the head out the door more often to see what it is doing MBY at the moment. It is only going to change a lot.

I received 5 inches from the first wave and 12 inches from the second wave. That is what I had in my driveway. Luckily, I didn't let all of it pile up. I blew  the 5 inches and then the 12 inches the next day. The pile in my yard is getting impressive. We get more storms like this I am going to have to get an end loader to move the snow back to make room for more.