• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 24/25 Potential Winter Storm

mikem81

Any disagreements on the following let me know.  Thanks.

The Canadian models (RGEM/GGEM) followed in close pursuit by the NAM outperformed all the global models and the NWS Blend of Models for our NYC forum area.  

Underdoing the tucked in cold 7AM Friday temps: 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

The uws is an icy mess, surprisingly decent coating on the trees too. Never made it above freezing. The only thing that That kept this from becoming a true ice storm is the precip intensity, when it was coming down heavy most of it ran off. 

That was good. It’s why we shouldn’t go based on those ZR accumulation models. If it’s 30-31 and heavy rain it mostly runs off not accrete. 

4 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

The uws is an icy mess, surprisingly decent coating on the trees too. Never made it above freezing. The only thing that That kept this from becoming a true ice storm is the precip intensity, when it was coming down heavy most of it ran off. 

Same here in northern bk. Covering of sleet everywhere and cars and trees are iced up

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

That was good. It’s why we shouldn’t go based on those ZR accumulation models. If it’s 30-31 and heavy rain it mostly runs off not accrete. 

Doesn't it just run off to freeze somewhere elsewhere? Here the colder surfaces are covered in white: the grass, the rooftops, all of that, but the roads and driveways look to be just wet.

4 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It's a disaster here. My east facing windows have water running down them because of the rain but it's sleeting really hard too and it's 25°. 

I havent had any plain rain to even get freezing rain. Probably saved this area. Sleet and ice pellets arent too awful to drive on.

12 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It's a disaster here. My east facing windows have water running down them because of the rain but it's sleeting really hard too and it's 25°. 

Lol same here gutters full of sleet now raining pretty good and now overflowing 

• Like 1