Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 14 Super Bowl comeback snow OBS

Ginx snewx

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Funny you said that, the NAM sort of had a wedge of drier air move into NE MA and near BOS last night...you could see it on the sim reflectivity. Sure enough it happened a bit...even here it got to a lousy SG type snow for a few hours while that band hit you down into RI. You guys really caught up. 

Yeah it seemed once you got about 10 miles north of the pike in eastern areas, the dry air was limiting some of the efficiency. I did notice the some of that late last night near BOS too...interesting distribution. I wonder if it kind of seeped down the coast a little further south there kind of like a cold tuck does. I would've expected BOS to be at least as snowy as here, but they had a couple inches less and almsot all the difference was probably from overnight...I think they had a little more than me earlier in the day. Then once you went due west into areas like near Jerry, he had more.

This winter BLOWS! :axe:
What are you at so far this season? I'd wager that you're beating Hippy and me by a lot, when realistically it should be the other way around.

We're at 15.5 to 16". ... that's it!

The good news is that even with such crappy seasonal snowfall, my yard has had total coverage since about Christmas. That's the one saving grace here.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I feel like western New England have gotten a lot less snow in recent years overall… like recent climo has favored eastern and central areas. Is that wrong to think? I mean because northwestern CT has long term climo averages of a TON of snow compared to other parts of the state but they ain’t been getting it.

For the most part you are correct but SW CT and NYC have had plenty of mind boggling snow events over the past 20 to 25 years....this year they are missing out a bit

43 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

What are you at so far this season? I'd wager that you're beating Hippy and me by a lot, when realistically it should be the other way around.

We're at 15.5 to 16". ... that's it!

The good news is that even with such crappy seasonal snowfall, my yard has had total coverage since about Christmas. That's the one saving grace here.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

probably at 20-25 could even be less though  we always seem to be just to far west or north.. 

52 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

For the most part you are correct but SW CT and NYC have had plenty of mind boggling snow events over the past 20 to 25 years....this year they are missing out a bit

Im sure theyve had some yes. But another anecdotal bit to support my thought that western areas have been getting screwed more often is a layman I work with pointed out that the reason Coastal SNE has had snowier winters in recent years is because the storms have generally been forming further east than they did between 10 and 20 years ago (The 2000s)

38 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Im sure theyve had some yes. But another anecdotal bit to support my thought that western areas have been getting screwed more often is a layman I work with pointed out that the reason Coastal SNE has had snowier winters in recent years is because the storms have generally been forming further east than they did between 10 and 20 years ago (The 2000s)

Correct and those more east forming/passing storms often clip the NYC area including SW CT....

Final totals in CT. Thanks for all the reports. Ill be working on a season to date snowfall map so dont forget to update New England Snow website.

I think we were pretty bullish on this event from the start but clearly not enough. Grade is based solely on the final call. We issued a short-term map update after the event started. Least amount of the snow fell in far N and NW CT and i think most of the state was within the 1-3" range. We busted way low on the eastern 1/3rd of the state with 4-8" there.

Final Grade: C-

01_30.22_jdj_snowfall_totals.thumb.jpg.d8ba8367b1a1ede421a34e6f975ad8a9.jpg

Final Call:

02_09.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast_sat_update.thumb.jpg.c24524213328b72b6a07684c0b32f4a0.jpg

Short-term update:

02_09.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast_sun_update.thumb.jpg.f67b85a1888dde29616916b42e660ee1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Final totals in CT. Thanks for all the reports. Ill be working on a season to date snowfall map so dont forget to update New England Snow website.

I think we were pretty bullish on this event from the start but clearly not enough. Grade is based solely on the final call. We issued a short-term map update after the event started. Least amount of the snow fell in far N and NW CT and i think most of the state was within the 1-3" range. We busted way low on the eastern 1/3rd of the state with 4-8" there.

Final Grade: C-

01_30.22_jdj_snowfall_totals.thumb.jpg.d8ba8367b1a1ede421a34e6f975ad8a9.jpg

Final Call:

02_09.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast_sat_update.thumb.jpg.c24524213328b72b6a07684c0b32f4a0.jpg

Short-term update:

02_09.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast_sun_update.thumb.jpg.f67b85a1888dde29616916b42e660ee1.jpg

As far as the areas I was visiting today in Eastern CT, The snowfall result map looks perfect to me.

3 minutes ago, Hazey said:

8” final. On the low end of forecast but I’ll take it. Very fluffy high ratio stuff. Could almost use a leaf blower on it. Looks great outside.

#NovaScotiaStrong

WE had between 5-6 here and this morning the town workers were clearing sidewalks with leaf blowers, maybe 8 inches is pushing it but they had no problem with what we had.

6 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

This winter BLOWS! :axe:

You'll probably get a 6 to 12 inch dump in late march or early april.

On a few occasions In Reno NV as well as SNE, I would experience a lame ass winter with next to nothing snow... Only to get more snow in one week in April than I got the entire winter just before it.

And the Berks are a kind of place that always gets snow in April. Hell I went through there in early May 2020 and the trees were still bare.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yikes....Brett had that in like 2 hours during the blizzard.

I guess there are some worse off then me. lol

Western MA has had a horrific winter....could be top 5 worst out there, though still some time left to turn it into just a mundane turd rather than historic.

• Like 2