Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 14 Super Bowl comeback snow OBS

Ginx snewx

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s not minimal temps here. It’s 26-27 degrees. That’s hardly minimal temps. The point is,  in a lot of places it’s sticking to everything…as it is here. Roads covered and being plowed. Uptown just doesn’t forecast for the beaches. That’s a silly thing to say that the ground is too warm, cuz it’s clearly not in a lot of places that are in there forecast zones.  

Perhaps It might have been more accurate to say,  the snow won’t be heavy enough to accumulate on the roadways in some areas, especially right along the beaches, if the snowfall rates are lighter.  

Main roads in most areas will be fine, if treated. 

1 minute ago, NeonPeon said:

Yes, of course the antecedent temperatures matter, and the snow rate matter. It's a variable. It's not a switch. I'm just saying their casually applying it with a broad stroke is as silly as claiming the phenomenon doesn't exist.

Ground temps do not matter in sufficient rates..period! The sufficient rates will overcome any warm ground BS. It’s happening in most places currently as we speak. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I don’t see the issue. Sure a driveway and side street snow covered, but most roads will be fine. 

Scott, it’s not about being fine or not. It was about some of these folks trying to say the snow won’t stick to the roads because it was 60 degrees yesterday. And that’s just not true. Not in a lot of places.

Maybe where BrianB who thinks he lives in Boynton Beach Fla it’s not sticking to I 95, but it’s sticking in a lot of places to the roads. And roads are being plowed. That’s the point. There’s no issues, roads are fine to travel on, I’m not disputing that at all. Was just pointing out that roads are covered in many places despite the warm temps yesterday.

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ground temps do not matter in sufficient rates..period! The sufficient rates will overcome any warm ground BS. It’s happening in most places currently as we speak. 

The "sufficiency" of the rate is related to the ground temp. If you want a reduction to the absurd, go stick a griddle outside.

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Scott, it’s not about being fine or not. It was about some of these folks trying to say the snow won’t stick to the roads because it was 60 degrees yesterday. And that’s just not true. Not in a lot of places.

Maybe where BrianB who thinks he lives in Boynton Beach Fla it’s not sticking to I 95, but it’s sticking in a lot of places to the roads. And roads are being plowed. That’s the point. There’s no issues, roads are fine to travel on, I’m not disputing that at all. Was just pointing out that roads are covered in many places despite the warm temps yesterday.

lol. Not sure why he didn't understand that. I got it the first time you wrote it.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is definitely jspin hairdryer blower fluff. If this evening has the same type of snow growth, I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s a lot of 6”+ amounts (esp SE MA) on like a quarter to third inch of liquid equivalent. 

Yea. If that invt type band pans out, I wouldn’t be shocked to see some double digit amounts tbh.

just swept 2.5” of feathers off the deck.

• Like 1

Just now, NeonPeon said:

The sufficiency of the rate is related to the ground temp. If you want a reduction to the absurd, go stick a griddle outside.

That’s not the point. The point is, in most places(not all), the rates are sufficient to cover the supposed warm roadways from yesterdays temps of 60 degrees.  And it’s not even snowing all that hard(moderate in most cases). And That’s all I’m gonna say on this.  So Go put your griddle outside and make some pancakes in the snow. 

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

lol. Not sure why he didn't understand that. I got it the first time you wrote it.

Thanks. It wasn’t confusing. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Wolfie with the fangs out this morning.  The best Upton bust was Oct 11 when they claimed the morning of non accumulating snow due to warm roads and leaves wouldst be wet because of thermal refraction. Bill Goodman had to rewrite the AFD early to save face. ⁰

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You may change your mind tomorrow morning.  Brutal cold though for a day with wind. We are just missing a blizzard by the way. Could have been a contenduh

You could have said we are just missing like 3 days ago. A big storm has been off the table for a few days, that's (obviously?) what I meant. If my aunt had balls and all that. This looked worse 24 hours ago.

Anyway, driveway is fairly flat, 2 awd vehicles...worst case it's gone by thursday.

5 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

You could have said we are just missing like 3 days ago. A big storm has been off the table for a few days, that's (obviously?) what I meant. If my aunt had balls and all that. This looked worse 24 hours ago.

Anyway, driveway is fairly flat, 2 awd vehicles...worst case it's gone by thursday.

Worst case is it turns to ice and you slip and fall on your arse.