• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2022 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx Thread (General Discussion Etc)

Kmlwx

4 minutes ago, gunny23 said:

I lasted on my porch in Sterling for about 5 minutes then took shelter.  It was quick but intense.  Branch ended up through our garage roof.

PXL_20220712_224737034.jpg

Sorry to see this.  :(  The range of conditions across the DMV on this particular line has been interesting. Many getting hammered; some getting hardly anything at all.

13 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Lost power at 4:15. Supposed to be out until tomorrow afternoon. Power lines sheared off in Monkton. Punch from that storm wind was quite something.  I guess bad around the area?

It may be the longest power outage that I can recall.

48 minutes ago, wawarriors4 said:

Nasty storm rolling thru, power is out wind easily gusted 50-60 mph. 1 tree I can see is down, lots of leaves and branches too….and it’s absolutely pouring now.

ETA: just NW of FXBG 

On 7/5/2022 at 1:42 PM, George BM said:

Your area sure has cashed in a lot within the past year or so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Some middling lightning/thunder, steady rain for about 10-15 min now, none of which I feel deserves a ST warning....but the most impressive thing was the boiling pot of mammatus clouds just prior to the "main" weather kicking in on this line...

PXL_20220712_215617710_3a.thumb.jpg.048921a4848ec3acef75e297e968ca0f.jpg

Holy shit what a picture!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

Yeah that was something else. It was quite sudden too, the entire sky just exploded with orange/yellow. 

Mine was brilliant I orange .  I was about 10 minutes  too late with pics and too dark.

orange like someone just painted it on white paper. I got some mileage on me too!

8 minutes ago, gunny23 said:

Sunset tonight was just freaky orange and absolutely beautiful.  My camera didn't do it justice but some pics from neighborhood Facebook page 

FB_IMG_1657677485460.jpg

FB_IMG_1657677452149.jpg

Freaky orange is right and I’m still worked up. Kenny did you see it?  This picture is closest yet to way it was at my house but it’s still not all encompassing orange enough!!

5 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Wow! How often do you get good severe up there?

More than I expected when I moved here. We seem to get a good storm every couple years. I’ve seen a funnel cloud twice in the 8 years here. A wall cloud with rotation twice. And I was at work when a tornado hit about 1 mile from my house in Feb 2020.  

I do miss the pure lightning storms that used to be common where I grew up in south Jersey. But I get good severe events up here.  Still no power though. Might not be back for days according to BGE. Using a generator to try to save the 3 months of meat in my freezer. 

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Some pics from around town 

27 just south of Manchester 

3XDZ2MJ.jpg

South side of Manchester 

8RwZUXl.jpg

ClZ2Y8D.jpg

YNcOUfP.jpg

These are just down Ebbvale from my house. Whatever it was the worst passed just a few hundred yards south of me down my street. 
0Qm5lYU.jpg

A5W56V1.jpg

my kids think they’re camping. 
rNmoNN1.jpg

That’s a mess and looks like 65-70mph results do you think? Looks like our grandchildren 2.5-5.5 age. 

1 hour ago, WEATHER53 said:

Freaky orange is right and I’m still worked up. Kenny did you see it?  This picture is closest yet to way it was at my house but it’s still not all encompassing orange enough!!

I'm up in Odenton tonight. Definitely saw the orange sunset

Catching up on Hereford Zone Facebook and the amount of tree damage along 83 to Hunt Valley is crazy. So many downed trees and lines. Got incredibly lucky at home to not get hit by that part of the storm. Was there any rotation at the time?