• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx Thread (General Discussion Etc)

Kmlwx

TDCA showing 52kft tops now. Nearly continuous rumbles of thunder being heard here now. The little "arms" of the storm are into Glenmont now. Should be raining here momentarily. We'll see if it maintains or starts to collapse. Decent amount of juice to work with based on the earlier SPC meso maps. 

Just now, MN Transplant said:

Lightning indicators showing up well away from the MoCo cell.  Good idea to be inside.

Doing a rough summation of the lightning indicators from AllisonHouse yields really high numbers. This weekend in particular...likely to be tons of people outdoors. Hope they are heeding the warnings. 

1 minute ago, batmanbrad said:

I'm up here near Laytonsville and I can hear rumbles of thunder - distant/faint, but I hear them nonetheless.  Don't see anything close on radar, can those actually be from that cell downcounty?  Seems like a rather large distance between it and me.

Yes. THere are strikes being shown between Montgomery Village and Brookeville. 

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Doing a rough summation of the lightning indicators from AllisonHouse yields really high numbers. This weekend in particular...likely to be tons of people outdoors. Hope they are heeding the warnings. 

Two CG strikes a little bit east of Falls Church just in past few minutes 

1 minute ago, yoda said:

That's a sharp NE turn on the newest STW from LWX on the Montgomery County storm

Seems there are two "cores" or local maxes in reflectivity. One is down W of Kensington area and the other is that new warning. The new warning is the dominant one it seems. 

Some new strikes being shown near Potomac on the ENTLN data coinciding with some weak but new reflectivity returns in that area. Maybe some back building? These storms are relatively slow movers too...definite risk of urban or small stream/creek flooding. 

4 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Some new strikes being shown near Potomac on the ENTLN data coinciding with some weak but new reflectivity returns in that area. Maybe some back building? These storms are relatively slow movers too...definite risk of urban or small stream/creek flooding. 

Really blew up just east of Potomac in past 10 minutes 

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Really blew up just east of Potomac in past 10 minutes 

Doesn't look like it'll cycle up like the original storm did. Radar looking messy now as more little cells start to pop up elsewhere (W of Leesburg, Laytonsville, Sykesville, N of Ellicott City. 

fairly heavy rain and occasional lightning/thunder here in Gaithersburg (east side, just west of Laytonsville).  Definitely looks like some of this recent development here in mid county could be due to interactions with some of those outflow boundaries that dropped south from the earlier storms near Frederick/I-70.