• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx Thread (General Discussion Etc)

Kmlwx

44 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Good stuff. Not as good as the original or the BBA version imo, but good.

The 2022 120 min IPA has a different look to the artwork on the bottle, so easy to tell. Also has the abv listed for the first time ever (16.6%).

Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA - Buy Online | Drizly

Sold! I need a bottle of that with an episode of Stranger Things 4. :devilsmiley:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, high risk said:

another round of splitting supercells along the I-66 corridor.    The left mover of one split might make a run at Leesburg, while the right mover has some modest rotation southwest of Warrenton

The one by Warrenton probably could use a STW soon imo

Just now, mattie g said:

Absolute deluge with this last cell to end the day. Never came close to verifying severe in any of these storms today, but holy sh*t is it dumping right now.

I had fallen asleep around 830... got woke up by this deluge outside 

• Like 1

Does anyone have radars in the Purcellville to Leesburg area yesterday when the severe was coming through? A lot of damage from wind and I swear I saw a wall cloud while driving into Leesburg (my son has some video I need to review). A lot of trees down and not all in one direction in the area. I wonder if NWS will take a look. A friend of ours swears a tornado went through their property, but I have not been able to visit.  This was the same one that then hailed on Leesburg. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Need to watch this shortwave digging S and E under that closed upper low over eastern Canada Wed into Thursday. For now, as depicted it's probably a bit too far north for our area.

gfs_z500_vort_us_22.png

I'll definitely become a little more intrigued for the Wed/Thurs shortwave if timing can change a bit. It's probably easier to root for a slightly faster system (late Wed) rather than a slower system (Thurs) as of now as slowing it down by 18 hours may be a bit of a tall order compared to speeding it up by 6 hours. Either trend would maximize daytime heating as you probably know. :)

4 minutes ago, George BM said:

I'll definitely become a little more intrigued for the Wed/Thurs shortwave if timing can change a bit. It's probably easier to root for a slightly faster system (late Wed) rather than a slower system (Thurs) as of now as slowing it down by 18 hours may be a bit of a tall order compared to speeding it up by 6 hours. Either trend would maximize daytime heating as you probably know. :)

Yep, at this range there is plenty of uncertainty with exact location of the front, timing of disturbances etc.

• Like 1