• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2022 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx Thread (General Discussion Etc)

Kmlwx

19 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Looks like the crapvection racing ahead of the main line is going to use up any instability. Hope we can pull this one out because it was looking good for a time, but it always seems to be something in these parts.

Having the crapvection blossom into more significant storms is probably our best route to SVR east of the Potomac.    This is what the HRRR and NAM Nest are showing.   My concern all along has been that if we have to wait for the main line after dark, instability will be waning then.

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Uptick in CG on the Martinsburg cell. CIMMS experimental probability has ~25% TOR risk, ~25% Damaging Wind risk. LWX certainly justified in keeping the SVR on it at least. Wouldn't surprise me to see a new SVR shortly with a "tornado possible" tag on it.

They seem to be waiting until the last minute! LOL!

Lots of thunder, lightning and heavy rain.  No wind hardly at all.  Perfect rainbow storm with the sun breaking out as the clouds cleared to the west. Saw the rainbow and told my 12 yo daughter to take a look.  She went to snap a pic and caught a lightning bolt.  Random luck! Pretty cool pic.

part0.thumb.jpg.4a215d9969748d9b36700eec0a71e690.jpg

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Lots of thunder, lightning and heavy rain.  No wind hardly at all.  Perfect rainbow storm with the sun breaking out as the clouds cleared to the west. Saw the rainbow and told my 12 yo daughter to take a look.  She went to snap a pic and caught a lightning bolt.  Random luck! Pretty cool pic.

part0.thumb.jpg.4a215d9969748d9b36700eec0a71e690.jpg

Yea I didn’t expect this type of storm for late March.  Already seeing some brighter skies to the nw.

• Like 1