Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 16-17th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

wow sorry to hear. I know there was a time nw wayne was between banding but 3"? Does that actually sound legit in your yard? Screw zones always vary year to year, so don't get down on your area....this year it's clearly been you, but doesn't mean that will be the case next year. More often than not it is SE Macomb.

Which ironically scored bigly with yesterday's storm. You and downriver also riding a hot hand with these systems. You've almost doubled my 9.6" combined total for both storms. That's crazy over just half a county non LES events at that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

I live in the southwest part of canton and avoided that dry slot to the northwest I definitely shoveled more then 3 inches :lol:

I'm sure you did. Canton actually covers a lot of real estate. I see KYIP reported 3.4", and as said, I'd go up to 4" for here, but there was some real bad radar gaps at least twice in this region, so I'd believe that report. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

I'm sure you did. Canton actually covers a lot of real estate. I see KYIP reported 3.4", and as said, I'd go up to 4" for here, but there was some real bad radar gaps at least twice in this region, so I'd believe that report. 

That's a good point about Canton covering a lot of real estate.  Is Plymouth/Canton is a very large area. I talked to one of the guys who works at the NWS and he lives in Canton closer to the airport and said he had about 7".

Speaking of local screwzones, I've lived in Wyandotte since I was 8 and downriver has really not been much of a screwzone since the 90s/early 00s. I remember quite a few storms back then that screwed us but honestly the past 20 years or so we have easily jackpotted easily as many times as we have been screwed. I worked in Farmington Hills from 2015 to 2020 and  I was shocked that they did not get more snow than us as I was expecting. Sometimes they could retain a little better during the thaw. Want a sure bet? The hills of northern Oakland always reigns supreme for Southeast Michigan snow.

• Like 2