Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

2 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Yeah, I agree.  Rain-to-snow events always make me shy away from the higher end numbers.  6-8" seems like a high probability.

I agree. We have good model consensus now so 15-25cm (6-10") seems like a high probability. Was looking at the soundings and there's a lot of impressive lift too. I wouldn't rule out seeing 1-3"/hr rates for a couple hours Thursday night. 

2 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Interesting. Looks like they're going to do this piecemeal.  Seems like a watch is at least warranted NE of that zone.

Agreed. I think they'll either issue WSWs or snowfall warnings for areas further east into GTA. Probably coming out this afternoon or into tonight. They are always hard to predict though, lol.

Looks like the Cleveland office isn't buying the models showing bigger snow accumulations for the Toledo area. They are going with a winter weather advisory for 1-3 inches and some ice.

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THURSDAY TO 1 AM
EST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations
  of 1 to 3 inches and ice accumulations of around one tenth of
  an inch. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.

* WHERE...Portions of north central and northwest Ohio.

* WHEN...From 1 PM Thursday to 1 AM EST Friday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Precipitation will begin as rain early
  Thursday afternoon, changing over to freezing rain, sleet, and
  then snow by late Thursday evening.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, blizzardof96 said:

18z 3kNAM big hit for GTA with amounts near 10". Low tracks ~990mb through Erie, PA always seem to get it done around here.

Ill be threading the needle here in Northern Haldimand up by Hamilton regarding heavy snow. Though Ill be following the Grand River closely with the rainfall and snow melt. 

EC has me in the rainfall warning. Could/should be in rainfall warning with a winter weather travel advisory by tomorrow morning I think 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Toro99 said:
31 minutes ago, Toro99 said:

Patiently waiting for the board to explode as the massive shifts NW begin, like the good old days. :wacko:

Sorry, this should have gone in the banter thread....

NW trends aren't really a thing any more.

Now it's eveey storm trends SE or to a strung out POS the closer to onset.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Interesting. Looks like they're going to do this piecemeal.  Seems like a watch is at least warranted NE of that zone.

Something that popped into my head that is kind of interesting. My first memory of posting on this forum was with the Feb 7/8 storm in 2013. Crazy to think that it's been over 9 since since then and that we still interact from time to time on this forum. Time flies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Not quite sure why they have little impacts from Fort Wayne up through DTW. Based off everything I’d say Major impacts especially in the Detroit metro with it being rush hour and later

1253F02C-BC75-4AA7-89B4-089257A1E88D.jpeg

Obviously they are not expecting much if any accumulating snow in Ft Wayne. Otherwise the impact would be much higher.

• Chicago Storm changed the title to Feb 16-17th Winter Storm