Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 16-17th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

I would expect a watch in a couple hours for SEMI, they will probably go 5-8 but I would do 7-10. Every model seems to have move off of the ice potential north of 8 Mile and the rest are slowing moving away from it south of there.

Good call. I’d expect roughly the same over this way. Watch roughly from the I-96 corridor south including Clinton and Gratiot counties with 5-9” totals with locally higher amounts and the mention of a brief onset of sleet/freezing rain in the southern zones before changing to all snow. 

winds are howling out there. Be nice to take in some of that 50 degree warmth before reality sets back in. Looks like the transition from rain to snow will be fairly benign here. Call for the back yard is 3" which I'll gladly take.  If things pan out as currently projected euro the clear winner here basically being consistent with a 2-4" event for here from 4-5 days out. Tried my best to will it home.

3 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Remember the time we were jackpotting this storm? And the one before… and the one beforezzz

you could never jack pot any of these storms because there was never a model consensus. Even than, jack potting a storm more than 24 hours out is a fools game.

• Like 1

more excited for the chance of a thunderstorm late this evening than anything. will also be glad to get rid of most of the dirty snow/streets/sidewalks. hope the flooding doesn't get out of hand.
1132293659_ScreenShot2022-02-16at8_37_47AM.png.5cde04d38c3ba2c18f0bb48834162567.png

Even though snow depth has been 0 out this way (ORD and home), there’s a lot of standing water around from a combo of melting drifted areas/piles and the ground starting to defrost a bit.

Likely will see some minor, but widespread flood issues later.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Powerball said:

It is wetter and a hair further NW.

EDIT: Wetter for the eastern areas, that is.

If it wasn't for the inch of rain that's gonna come before it, I probably would hop on a plane for this one but I'm skeptical it's going to accumulate much on top of all that rain. Maybe 5-6 if were lucky.

• Chicago Storm changed the title to Feb 16-17th Winter Storm