• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 12/13 Event Quest for Blues to Envelop More Rather Than Less

North Balti Zen

Someday friends, someday, in what will surely be an event long remembered with tears and hugs, both joy and sadness, a storm will trend better for us as it gets closer to game time. I know, this sounds like a fantasy, like reading some story from Greek mythology, or perhaps the Penthouse forum, but believe me when I tell you, it will happen. Until then, just keep the faith and cling to your dreams.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 4

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Someday friends, someday, in what will surely be an event long remembered with tears and hugs, both joy and sadness, a storm will trend better for us as it gets closer to game time. I know, this sounds like a fantasy, like reading some story from Greek mythology, or perhaps the Penthouse forum, but believe me when I tell you, it will happen. Until then, just keep the faith and cling to your dreams.

1644753600-l7cBnzRhkqs.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Sounds like something that might happen at end of a quest…

6 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You mean like January 3rd? I got over 9 inches and let me tell ya, it was beautiful!

• Like 1

If anyone is still tracking the upper levels, forget the NS lobe, the energy dropping in on the backside of the trough, trough axis etc. Not likely to see any meaningful changes with that. The lift is associated with that southern vorticity ribbon on the front side of the trough, and the strong upper jet above.

1644753600-YjZlDuEL0HQ.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

If anyone is still tracking the upper levels, forget the NS lobe, the energy dropping in on the backside of the trough, trough axis etc. Not likely to see any meaningful changes with that. The lift is associated with that southern vorticity ribbon on the front side of the trough, and the strong upper jet above.

1644753600-YjZlDuEL0HQ.png

12km NAM for comparison.

1644753600-RfNxAlcTMEk.png

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Do you have a link to the other forum you mention? :lol: :weenie:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Correct if wrong, but isn’t that where the ns lobe could be significant?

It could but I think that cake is baked at this juncture. The reality is any direct impacts from the coastal low are probably going to be minor and confined to areas E/SE. I would have to look at the individual members but probably a handful have the coastal organizing sooner/closer to the coast.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

The gfs continues to truly epically fail at the quest. 

NAM gets bonus points for trying to elevate the quest to purples. 

side note: the gfs has become a true mortal enemy 

GFS clearly didn't understand the assignment. Once some of us began dubbing the GFS the new King, the pressure to perform must have gotten to it because it fell right back to the bottom of the pack as the most unreliable global model. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic