• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 12/13 Event Quest for Blues to Envelop More Rather Than Less

North Balti Zen

GFS is going, going, gone. This La Nina winter is definitely doing La Nina things. Another nice hit for parts of Virginia and a little something again for the Eastern Shore. Looks like we will be closing the blinds now at least through the rest of February. Hope we get some 55-60 degree sunny days and not a lot of mid 40's with clouds and a breeze.

• Like 2

The window for a period of moderate snow seems tied to this upper jet on the front side of the trough, with a ribbon of vorticity below at h5. Pretty impressive jet and the models might be underdoing the extent of the precip. I think the 1-3 area has a chance to be more widespread(expanded north) than depicted. The quest for more blues continues.. 

1644753600-JubWhGPL6t4.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

This will be 3 times this winter we had a high in the perfect spot and didn't get any snow from it because the troff couldn't get a negative tilt until too late.   Then there was once it went negative too early and we ended up changing to rain after a few inches.   Wish we could average it with one of the three that were two late and get HECS.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

I feel for the NW crew. 9 winters out of 10 we fight for scraps while you guys rack up totals in marginal setups. Just a weird Nina year i guess. But hoping we can juice up these scraps do everyone gets some action on Sunday

The worm has to turn at some point. Bad luck and all that, but climo says it should especially given areas south and east are now above average- and February is the time where it just seems to find ways to snow.

• Like 1

Good thing I’ve had a few beers in my sales journey today and now officially don’t care. This thread (and basically winter) is dead. Envisioning @Jijumping off a cliff with a parachute full of holes. Happy landings!! Lol. **** it all! It is what it is. Looking forward to our Moodoki Niño or whatever next year. Don’t get me wrong though. Partly cloudy with a passing flurries will make my Super Bowl Sunday superb. :lol: Ok. Everyone back to work now…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SnowGolfBro said:

I feel for the NW crew. 9 winters out of 10 we fight for scraps while you guys rack up totals in marginal setups. Just a weird Nina year i guess. But hoping we can juice up these scraps do everyone gets some action on Sunday

We are caught in the middle…not gonna get the south trend hits and in March the marginal events where the northern crew will cash in we will be cold rain.  Feel for us because we will lose the war.  

4 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

We are caught in the middle…not gonna get the south trend hits and in March the marginal events where the northern crew will cash in we will be cold rain.  Feel for us because we will lose the war.  

You chose to live in the taint

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Let’s be very clear…..NO ONE IN THIS SUB outside of jonjon racks up totals. We’re not that sub. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic