Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 12/13 Event Quest for Blues to Envelop More Rather Than Less

North Balti Zen

21 minutes ago, TSG said:

There's a few posters that should look into a medical mj card, or maybe a xanax Rx. I have to imagine some of you are taking years off your life at this point

do it with me.. BREATHE IN, 1.... 2... 3..., BREATHE OUT

Or a professional therapist. I use to be off the wall. I learned to control my emotions with behavior modification. Greatest gift ever.

Anyway hope to chase at least one before the year is over if we don’t get anything here. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

There is a system coming through the west next week but its marginal if its going to drop enough snow to be worth a trip out there.  Mammoth CA might get a decent dump middle of next week.  It looks pretty bare elsewhere.  

Mount-Sainte Anne might be an option depending on track

40 minutes ago, TSG said:

There's a few posters that should look into a medical mj card, or maybe a xanax Rx. I have to imagine some of you are taking years off your life at this point

do it with me.. BREATHE IN, 1.... 2... 3..., BREATHE OUT

Ya ain't wrong. Albeit even medication can only go so far...gotta get to the root of the obsession. When ya got folks that actually have lives still get hung up over snow...ya know it goes deep, lol If some of us don't learn to just let go, it will indeed emotional energy wasted. I know I for one am tired of dealing with this every year. But it doesn't start with the weather models it starts in the mind. I know I for one can feel the addictive part of this coming as soon as there's a threat. But the key is what happens after that.

When it comes...can you let go? Can you just let the weather do what it does? When the models honk at a threat, what are the steps to take to not...get too attached? So that if the threat trends unfavorably, or goes poof, there's not that emotional hangover, nor angst on the Zs? All questions I'm certain not all of us have mastered yet. Going from needing it to snow to wanting it to snow could be part of it.

I'd be willing to bet we could do an untrained group therapy on here, lol Ain't nobody else experienced it like some of us...why not talk about it sometime? (Not in the mid/long range threads, but somewhere else).

4 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ya ain't wrong. Albeit even medication can only go so far...gotta get to the root of the obsession. When ya got folks that actually have lives still get hung up over snow...ya know it goes deep, lol If some of us don't learn to just let go, it will indeed emotional energy wasted. But it doesn't start with the weather models it starts in the mind. I know I for one can feel the addictive part of this coming as soon as there's a threat. But the key is what happens after that.

When it comes...can you let go? Can you just let the weather do what it does? When the models honk at a threat, what are the steps to take to not...get too attached? So that if the threat trends unfavorably, or goes poof, there's not that emotional hangover, nor angst on the Zs? All questions I'm certain not all of us have mastered yet. Going from needing it to snow to wanting it to snow could be part of it.

I'd be willing to bet we could do an untrained group therapy on here, lol Ain't nobody else experienced it like some of us...why not talk about it sometime?

you might get the "most improved" award for any regular poster on here. It takes a while but you learn to roll with the punches. I certainly was waaaay more emotionally tied to chasing when I started in college. Bob Chill is the best example of what we should all strive for, he knows when it's time to care and model watch and when it isn't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Those to the east of me … your turn with the dreaded “v”

Its our turn with it every year, it's like a divorced dad saying to his x after spending one weekend a month with a kid how its now your turn with the kid and acting super wiped out from it. When we deal with it every year 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Its our turn with it every year, it's like a divorced dad saying to his x after spending one weekend a month with a kid how its now your turn with the kid and acting super wiped out from it. When we deal with it every year 

Clueless. You rarely deal with precip mins. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic