Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 12/13 Event Quest for Blues to Envelop More Rather Than Less

North Balti Zen

47 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I’m getting very concerned for the viability of spring skiing. March into early April is some of the best in northern New England. That’s my favorite time to hit up sugarbush, sugarloaf, Stowe and Wildcat. But their base is pathetic. Last weekend it was down to dirt and rock between the moguls at sugarbush and Killington.  I got into a really dicey spot on vertigo head wall as half way down on the steepest spot there was no snow for a good 15 feet. Had to sideslide into the woods and make some tight turns to get out of that jam. If they don’t get at least several more feet they won’t last long at all once it warms. 

Worst part is out west is awful too. East had no snow until Jan then was cold but kinda dry. The west has been warm and dry!  This spring season is at risk of being an epic fail. 

sounds like some good mountain biking lol.

i do like skiing, but haven't been in years (thought seven springs was fun, though).  the west vs east skill level thing might actually be similar for mtb...i'm learning there's some pretty rugged stuff here even if the west has higher terrain (though the biking does look awesome out there and new england is a goal as well).  side note...the mtb nationals was held at gambrill this past fall.

58 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

How do you think it was an improvement, just curious to hear?

Thought the trough initially was a little farther west, the ns is diving in a little sooner, spacing from north to south is a little closer and the trough was a little less broad with slightly higher heights in front.

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

EURO is gonna be wetter -- think people will like this run better.

edit: maybe not? seems to want to be moderate everywhere but the most populated spots

I don’t know what 6z showed but it’s better than 0z. Basically dusting-2” for everyone. @CAPE “jackpot” yet again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

I don’t know what 6z showed but it’s better than 0z. Basically dusting-2” for everyone. @CAPE “jackpot” yet again.

I think we generally know what this is going to be, but I still think there is potential for some juicing up/expansion of the precip as we get closer. Could always go the other way too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Give me 1-3 inches in a couple hours and i will stay up and enjoy the show. Take anything we can get at this point. Only a few weeks left before I’m hunting 70s for golf lol

my most calculated guess is that you and I and the rest of PWC crew will wake up to wet and brown.  it always takes way long to cool down from a previous warm day and we will waste a lot of precip.  I can already see the obs Saturday evening of widespread upper 40s that drop painfully slow and settle around 37F. paints a grim pic but you know I am at least half right in this setup. 

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

my most calculated guess is that you and I and the rest of PWC crew will wake up to wet and brown.  it always takes way long to cool down from a previous warm day and we will waste a lot of precip.  I can already see the obs Saturday evening of widespread upper 40s that drop painfully slow and settle around 37F. paints a grim pic but you know I am at least half right in this setup. 

I’m gonna golf on Saturday and watch snow on Sunday. Self fulfilling prophecy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, willkie40 said:

I've been been looking myself. Maybe northern Michigan?  

There is a system coming through the west next week but its marginal if its going to drop enough snow to be worth a trip out there.  Mammoth CA might get a decent dump middle of next week.  It looks pretty bare elsewhere.  

7 minutes ago, TSG said:

There's a few posters that should look into a medical mj card, or maybe a xanax Rx. I have to imagine some of you are taking years off your life at this point

do it with me.. BREATHE IN, 1.... 2... 3..., BREATHE OUT

so you're saying a good indica (or part of a gummy) can help?

asking for a friend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic