Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Countdown to Spring 2022

nj2va

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

the temperatures the last few days have been truly majestic.  we left 2 months on the table where we could have snowed (november and feb), so we had our chances.  it's time to get this party moving to spring.  not to say i won't accept another snowfall...i will...but spring is starting to vibe.

Yep, feeling same...and the current 77 degree temp isn't helping. As I've mentioned before, I won't bitch about this winter since I got nearly a foot back on 1/3/22.

In any event, I've already missed a fair amount of crocus appearances in neighboring yards....and the daffodils are starting to push up everywhere I look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

Yep, feeling same...and the current 77 degree temp isn't helping. As I've mentioned before, I won't bitch about this winter since I got nearly a foot back on 1/3/22.

In any event, I've already missed a fair amount of crocus appearances in neighboring yards....and the daffodils are starting to push up everywhere I look.

yea, winter is supposed to be 3 months here lol.  i don't need anymore than that.  otherwise, it gets to a point of what exactly am i rooting for?  there's too much to like about spring.  ideally, i'd like 1 more snowstorm, but at this point i'd rather it be book-ended by mild weather.

• Like 1

i mention my craving for mild weather, but i do like having balanced seasons.  there's been some years, like the last 2 where i feel like i've been jipped of winter, but i don't feel quite that way this time around.  not a ton of snow, but some, and the cooler weather started in november and lasted just about the entire month.  having one more storm would be nice, but i don't think i need it to feel like i had a winter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nj2va said:

South facing Daffodils are in full bloom here. 

Avg high/low is 51/34. Met spring starts in less than 48 hours!

2 weeks until spring forward as well. It’s getting real. Got a couple hoops sessions in the last 2 days. It wasn’t warm per se, but a good opp to start shaking off the rust.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, nj2va said:

South facing Daffodils are in full bloom here. 

Avg high/low is 51/34. Met spring starts in less than 48 hours!

That's crazy. They're only just poking through around here. I realize that downtown is a different beast when it comes to weather, but wow.

Is this earlier than normal for you?

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

That's crazy. They're only just poking through around here. I realize that downtown is a different beast when it comes to weather, but wow.

Is this earlier than normal for you?

I'm in Alexandria (vs downtown/DC) but would think its probably the same there.  This is basically consistent vs prior years when the first/South facing flowers bloomed.  Also saw a few forsythias in bloom yesterday running errands around here.  

Inside the Beltway is basically a tropical island ;)

20 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I'm in Alexandria (vs downtown/DC) but would think its probably the same there.  This is basically consistent vs prior years when the first/South facing flowers bloomed.  Also saw a few forsythias in bloom yesterday running errands around here.  

Inside the Beltway is basically a tropical island ;)

DOH!

Interesting to hear about your normal earliest spring blooms. There's a house around the corner that faces south, and sometimes I notice daffodils poking up in December, and there are also a few forsythias in the neighborhood that bloom around the same time :lol:

• Confused 1

True to the popular "March blows" theme around here, yesterday was supposed to be around 60 and sunny....and ended up being overcast (until 4 p.m., of course) with highs only in the low 50s here. I guess I shouldn't bitch, since we've generally been busting high on temps over the past couple of weeks. Today set for low 60s...and with clear skies and sun right now, hoping we hit or exceed that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

Strong start to “met” spring with mild weather today and madness beginning. Baseball incoming as well. Not too happy about my Oakland As trading away again but looks like they’ve got some prospects in return.

Taking the afternoon off from work tomorrow to watch the games with some buddies.  Can’t wait for sun/70s tomorrow.

• Like 1