Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Countdown to Spring 2022

nj2va

On 2/15/2022 at 10:41 PM, nj2va said:

Yep, we’ve lived in our current home for a year and I have a feeling I’ll be saying the same in 5 years.  take the fall leaves for example - back in November, I looked at the front/side/backyards and told myself “ahhh, I did a great job with the leaves” - well either I was drunk or just gave up….there’s a good amount of leaves I still need to get up which admittedly is project number one the first weekend we’re not in McHenry and its in the 50s.

In fairness to you and your efforts in autumn -- same thing happens to ME every year. I'll have every damn leaf picked up from every inch of front/back/side yards...and come Jan/Feb, there'll be small, wind-swirled piles of leaves all OVER every damn part of those yards. I'm sure it's from all the surrounding yards, because I'm PRETTY good about getting up all the leaves by mid-December. UGH.

11 hours ago, 87storms said:

My desire to play hoops or bike in 80 degree weather followed by an early evening severe thunderstorm is growing.

Given today's temps....I might even have to crack the window in my home office.  ;) 

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Over/under when the first day BWI, DCA, IAD hit 70 degrees is. I'm going first week of April.

70? That would be pretty much unprecedented I would think if it were to be that late.

A better one might be last day of 32 or lower. That typically happens here in early May.

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

70? That would be pretty much unprecedented I would think if it were to be that late.

A better one might be last day of 32 or lower. That typically happens here in early May.

that's where the UHI is an absolute beast.  Our last day of <32 is usually in March lol.

13 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

In fairness to you and your efforts in autumn -- same thing happens to ME every year. I'll have every damn leaf picked up from every inch of front/back/side yards...and come Jan/Feb, there'll be small, wind-swirled piles of leaves all OVER every damn part of those yards. I'm sure it's from all the surrounding yards, because I'm PRETTY good about getting up all the leaves by mid-December. UGH.

Given today's temps....I might even have to crack the window in my home office.  ;) 

Ha, I can tell you in my case, it was just laziness.  I ignored the flower beds, mulch, etc - oops.  But I’ll tell my partner it just blew over from the neighbors’ yard since you told me that. :P 

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2022 at 8:21 AM, vastateofmind said:

yesterday's temps were awesome.  looking forward to march madness soon and then cherry blossom updates.  it can snow again if it wants, but i'm starting to turn the page on winter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

First 80 of the year?  I'm saying late March sometime.

maybe in dc.  gonna be more challenging up here in the valleys/ridges of frederick.  it hasn't been all that warm the last 4 months, so while it's been a typical la nina winter, it's mostly due to it being dry.  we'll need to see how much the se ridge flexes in the coming weeks.

9 hours ago, 87storms said:

maybe in dc.  gonna be more challenging up here in the valleys/ridges of frederick.  it hasn't been all that warm the last 4 months, so while it's been a typical la nina winter, it's mostly due to it being dry.  we'll need to see how much the se ridge flexes in the coming weeks.

yeah that's a good point - might be more into April for N & W

15 hours ago, nj2va said:

Sunny and 66 degrees.  It’s time to officially close the door on winter…give me this for the next month.

We got up to 69 at the peak yesterday afternoon...I think that was a bust-high from the forecast. Needless to say, we lapped it up...did a long walk outside, and then found many reasons to be putzing around outside the house and in the yards just to BE outside. Wowzers, what a day.

• Like 4

the temperatures the last few days have been truly majestic.  we left 2 months on the table where we could have snowed (november and feb), so we had our chances.  it's time to get this party moving to spring.  not to say i won't accept another snowfall...i will...but spring is starting to vibe.

• Like 3