Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Countdown to Spring 2022

nj2va

40 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Average high in DC hits 50 in less than 11 days.  We’re gaining over 2 minutes of daylight every day.  Time to talk all things spring in here.

The big doggo walk felt great yesterday....gonna be even better today! Part of me is always ready for those warmer days to return...  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

I'd rank today a 20 out of 10.  Yesterday and today have definitely given me the spring itch.

Agree 200%. We ran into several neighbors and friends on the doggo walk today....folks are all happy and bubbly, and I think the moderate temps had something to do with that today.  :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nj2va said:

Grilled hamburgers tonight!  

@vastateofmind totally agree - I think its that and the later sunsets putting some pep in people’s steps.  Nice when I go to Orangetheory at 5:30p, its still light out now.  

Oh yeah. The extra daylight gained between the start and end of January alone improves my attitude by leaps/bounds. It doesn't last long, but I just detest that whole "go to/return from work in the dark" shtick....UGH!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 4:58 PM, Rhino16 said:

I’m ready to grade this winter whatever I gave last year, maybe less, and move onto the warmer weather, maybe some thunderstorms and stuff. Skip the pollen though…

Yeah, I swear SOMETHING is pollenating right now. My allergies have been bothering me the last week or so...coinciding with all of the extra time we've been spending outside on longer evening walks. Could be the mold of rotting leaves bugging me, too, given that we do most of our walks through adjacent wetland.

• Like 1

Just now, vastateofmind said:

Yeah, I swear SOMETHING is pollenating right now. My allergies have been bothering me the last week or so...coinciding with all of the extra time we've been spending outside on longer evening walks. Could be the mold of rotting leaves bugging me, too.

Same here, went for a bike ride on Wednesday without taking Zyrtec and was a mess Thursday. Took Zyrtec on Friday and went for another bike ride Saturday and had no problems. I love spending time outside right when spring starts before the bugs come out in mass and the allergies aren't that bad but apparently this year allergies have already started.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Yeah, I swear SOMETHING is pollenating right now. My allergies have been bothering me the last week or so...coinciding with all of the extra time we've been spending outside on longer evening walks. Could be the mold of rotting leaves bugging me, too, given that we do most of our walks through adjacent wetland.

My allergies kick in when the maples start to bud, so I'm expecting to start itching after the second or third real warm up we get. I usually don't have any issues beyond the early season, so even though I have a rough 4-6 weeks, I consider myself lucky.

I've considered getting tested for my allergies with a shot to follow, but I'm not sure if it's 100% necessary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattie g said:

My allergies kick in when the maples start to bud, so I'm expecting to start itching after the second or third real warm up we get. I usually don't have any issues beyond the early season, so even though I have a rough 4-6 weeks, I consider myself lucky.

I've considered getting tested for my allergies with a shot to follow, but I'm not sure if it's 100% necessary.

Yep, me, too. My wife and I did a double-take at a very young maple sapling on midday Saturday (obviously, a warmer-than-usual day)....which certainly appeared to be popping a decent number of buds. It still seems premature, but wow. Allergy season seems to begin earlier and earlier....

2 hours ago, Lucketts Life said:

Going on 5 years living here now and we haven't even come close to "catching up" on the yard here. It's definitely a labor of love.

Yep, we’ve lived in our current home for a year and I have a feeling I’ll be saying the same in 5 years.  take the fall leaves for example - back in November, I looked at the front/side/backyards and told myself “ahhh, I did a great job with the leaves” - well either I was drunk or just gave up….there’s a good amount of leaves I still need to get up which admittedly is project number one the first weekend we’re not in McHenry and its in the 50s.

• Like 1