• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Texas/Oklahoma Discussion & Obs Thread 2022

IAH Houston got to 98*, DW Hooks (I live between) got to 101*, before the late afternoon seabreeze storms.  They weren't that heavy, IAH reported 0.01 inches. my house, I'd guess a quarter to a half inch.  0.13 inches to date at IAH for June, my house has done a little better.

98* and 101* are no way to run a cold front.  But it could have been worse. 

0629.png

Forecast IAH highs at least 100*F until Tuesday, 99*F.  A seabreeze storm over downtown HOU limited the high at IAH yesterday to 98*F.  No rain, but an extensive anvil that shaded my house.  HGX mentionong excessive heat warnings possible this weekend for CLL (B/CS) area, neighboring FWD counties already have them,

Dewpoint 76*F at 10 am.  Not a dry heat.

• Like 1

The current hot weather in Dallas (and the potential for even hotter temps by mid-month if the GFS verifies) made me look at July 1980. 

Just amazing - every single day that month was 100+ at DFW...in fact, the lowest daily max was 101. Hottest temp was 110 on the 2nd and 18th. Average high temp in July 1980 was 105.3.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beavis1729 said:

The current hot weather in Dallas (and the potential for even hotter temps by mid-month if the GFS verifies) made me look at July 1980. 

Just amazing - every single day that month was 100+ at DFW...in fact, the lowest daily max was 101. Hottest temp was 110 on the 2nd and 18th. Average high temp in July 1980 was 105.3.

It hasn't been 1980 and 2011 extreme, but 2022 is definitely in the running for top 10 or even top 5 warmest summer to-date.

How this year stands out from 1980 and 2011 is that the July/August-type heat arrived and has mostly stuck around since early May. In the aforementioned 2 years, the extreme heat didn't kick in until the 2nd half of June.