• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England snowstorm memories.

CoastalWx

I figured we can make a thread to talk about our favorite storms and perhaps share any model runs, surface analysis, radar pics, pictures that you may have..etc. It does not have to be a blockbuster either. It's always fun seeing the old radar images from past storms (small or large), and to hear the different takes that people have. I'll start with a fun one for my backyard.

Weak low, but H7 low in a good spot for mid level frontogenesis and deformation band as seen in the radar shot below.

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/current/mcview.phtml?prod=usrad&java=script&mode=archive&frames=18&interval=10&year=2003&month=2&day=7&hour=12&minute=0

BOS 15 UTC 1/2 SM SN SNINCR 1/ 2

BOS 16 UTC 1/2 SM SN SNINCR 1/ 3

BOS 17 UTC 1/2 SM SN SNINCR 2/ 4

BOS 18 UTC 1/4 SM +SN SNINCR 2/ 6

BOS 19 UTC 1/4 SM +SN SNINCR 2/ 8

BOS 20 UTC 1/4 SM +SN SNINCR 2/10

BOS 21 UTC 1/4 SM SN SNINCR 1/10

BOS didn't get into the meat of the band either.

• Like 1

I went through that whole thing on my free time. What great discos from Drag, both on and off the desk.

Haha, yeah if you want to kill a couple hours really quickly, spend some time reading through that stuff. I did that one night this past summer...just crack a cold one and live vicariously through the posts.

Haha, yeah if you want to kill a couple hours really quickly, spend some time reading through that stuff. I did that one night this past summer...just crack a cold one and live vicariously through the posts.

I was hoping to see of people had some cool images, whether it's radar, personal pics, or event accounts for storms from the past. I know some people have goodies saved from back in the day. Even present day stuff from the last decade would be great. I just like looking back at old storms and seeing the different accounts people have.

I was hoping to see of people had some cool images, whether it's radar, personal pics, or event accounts for storms from the past. I know some people have goodies saved from back in the day. Even present day stuff from the last decade would be great. I just like looking back at old storms and seeing the different accounts people have.

Ok, I'll bite... never before seen photos from PDII. Yours truly trying to do a front flip on the lawn. I never was a gymnast :snowman:

post-290-0-11826600-1290038012.jpg

post-290-0-78597400-1290038031.jpg