• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England snowstorm memories.

CoastalWx

Yeah they got like 25-30" out that way with more on the spine in 1/12.

1/12 was the best storm for our region as a whole. 1/27 though was really cool, it had some extremely intense snowfall rates for a few hours. 12/26 was a bit disappointing though I can't complain overall since I still got 12" in that storm...many others had single digits.

I know I lucked out on 12/26 while it somewhat disappointed many nearby, so I'm probably in my own little world talking about this storm..lol.

I'll tell ya....the one thing that I'll remember about 1/12 was how Logan was 33F (even 34F for a brief time iirc) with S+. That is very difficult to do for a prolonged period. A true testament to how heavy that band was, but also having cold temps just off the deck limits melting too. I came back to a Tip blue bomb classic, when I left work. Quite impressive.

Phil's private little weenie band.

post-33-0-76907400-1310606437.gif

That event sort of turned the worm for us last winter. We had blown a couple of golden chances...and we thought we were going to completely miss that one too but we ended up getting a surprise 2-5" snowfall over those 2-3 days...enough to give us a White Christmas when it was looking bleak. Once we had that positive bust, we managed to go on quite a roll right through early February.

That event sort of turned the worm for us last winter. We had blown a couple of golden chances...and we thought we were going to completely miss that one too but we ended up getting a surprise 2-5" snowfall over those 2-3 days...enough to give us a White Christmas when it was looking bleak. Once we had that positive bust, we managed to go on quite a roll right through early February.

Yeah we were bumming in the beginning of the month. I think the big MSP blizzard had some wondering if that was going to be the storm track. We got screwed by the one inside runner when the NAO block briefly moved into an unfavorable position. That Cape blitz came along and flipped the script on us.

:lmao:

yeah that was a true testament to weenie-ism. i was in the hospital...my son was being born...and i'm looking at model runs on my phone that are reverting back to a good cape-scraper.

10.5" IMBY - but just missed the 13/14 that fell in harwich/orleans area

That was a great storm down there. A huge bust in the positive direction. I don't even think more than 3" was forecasted anywhere down there 6 hours before the storm. Even Plymouth county got whacked pretty hard with warning criteria.

what an emotional clusterf*ck that storm was. LOL

We gotta get you a good one for this winter. You were a good sport during this winter. Obviously you're happy to get good storms and you did get nailed by the 12/20 storm, but I'm sure the posts of Kevin's snowbanks while it was raining were a little disappointing.

We gotta get you a good one for this winter. You were a good sport during this winter. Obviously you're happy to get good storms and you did get nailed by the 12/20 storm, but I'm sure the posts of Kevin's snowbanks while it was raining were a little disappointing.

Eventually we'll have another '04-05 where Phil's snow pack is twice that of Kevin's like it was that winter. :lol:

:lol:

funny i was just looking at that picture yesterday. he emailed it to me back in the winter and i threw it up on FB. those pictures were ridiculous.

Eventually we'll have another '04-05 where Phil's snow pack is twice that of Kevin's like it was that winter. :lol:

LOL, I think Messenger probably got blue-balled the worst, considering about 15 miles nw of him got hit hard.

I'm humble because I had almost no business getting the snow I got, considering the storm track on some of these. No bragging here, because the next one could easily turn into a nude game of twister for Ray, while I'm listening to raindrops bouncing off my windows.

LOL, I think Messenger probably got blue-balled the worst, considering about 15 miles nw of him got hit hard.

I'm humble because I had almost no business getting the snow I got, considering the storm track on some of these. No bragging here, because the next one could easily turn into a nude game of twister for Ray, while I'm listening to raindrops bouncing off my windows.

Yeah and he didn't get the good surprise either than Phil got on Jan 8th. The one where he had like a trace and Phil had 5"+. :lol: Than 10 miles NW everyone got 2-3".

yeah there were tracks where jerry was talking about NAM clown maps giving BOS 12 to 16 or whatnot and i was thinking - no way...not with a canal cutter. but sure as sh*t the clown maps would verify. LOL.

Yeah and he didn't get the good surprise either than Phil got on Jan 8th. The one where he had like a trace and Phil had 5"+. :lol:

Oh yeah, the one where he almost got arrested for trespassing on the grounds of Barnstable Superior Court...trying to measure snow.

Yeah and he didn't get the good surprise either than Phil got on Jan 8th. The one where he had like a trace and Phil had 5"+. :lol: Than 10 miles NW everyone got 2-3".

:lmao: you mean the one where he drove from plymouth to wellfleet stopping at every exit and rest area, measuring, taking a photo and then continuing on??

I thought this grab was really cool. It's the coastal front diving southeast on 1/12. This is the image that makes Ray cry and myself just delighted.

Check out how the southwestern end was moving to the east much quicker than the area up by Newburyport. The low was pulling to the ene, so it makes sense.

post-33-0-48961200-1310607840.gif

I thought this grab was really cool. It's the coastal front diving southeast on 1/12. This is the image that makes Ray cry and myself just delighted.

Check out how the southwestern end was moving to the east much quicker than the area up by Newburyport. The low was pulling to the ene, so it makes sense.

post-33-0-48961200-1310607840.gif

that's a great image.

how do you save the animation? do you create an animated gif manually or does weathertap provide that?