• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England snowstorm memories.

CoastalWx

12 years ago. Obscene snow amounts in Maine. I worked this event at Upton but I can't recall why that screw zone occurred in SE CT.

That would be a fun storm on here because most everyone in the forum got in on some 12+action, so there would be a lot less "you stole my snow" posts outside of the screw zones like you said of SE CT, the Cape, and the donut holes near Northampton/Amherst(I think?), and MA/NH border.

12 years ago. Obscene snow amounts in Maine. I worked this event at Upton but I can't recall why that screw zone occurred in SE CT.

Great 2-footer that dumped nearly 18" in a 10-hr period.  And though points 20-40 miles N and NW of Farmington and 500-1,000' higher reported 32-40", Farmington's 40" report came either from a snowdrift (winds were strong and snow was about 15:1) or a slant-stick, IMO.  Our church is about 1.1 mile SSE of the co-op site and 100' higher, and when I got there perhaps an hour after the end of accumulating snow, the depth there looked just like the 24" I had at home.  (I'd measured 6" at 9 PM and 18" more about 12 hr later.  The co-op recorded 14" by midnight and 26" after - don't know how often the board was cleared.)  I've always considered that co-op measurement as being a foot or so overdone.  New Sharon co-op had 23", Kingfield had 25.4", Livermore Falls (2 towns S of Farmington) 22.0". 

Had about 20 or so of mash here at my location now. We were pounding 34F barely accumulating snow in Marshfield that evening while it was rain down by the beach at my ex girls place. It brought down a lot of trees when it started to drop close to 32 that evening, and then a powder blizz late night when winds went NNW.  Great storm, and the game at Gillette following was awesome.

Had about 20 or so of mash here at my location now. We were pounding 34F barely accumulating snow in Marshfield that evening while it was rain down by the beach at my ex girls place. It brought down a lot of trees when it started to drop close to 32 that evening, and then a powder blizz late night when winds went NNW.  Great storm, and the game at Gillette following was awesome.

So many good home games that Dec/Jan.

I always get chills watching the snow balls flying.

I'm a weenie for cold so I think my fave may be the Ten playoff game. That was old school, ice bowl worthy cold.

Yeah. Have some great memories (or maybe lack of lol) of just ripping back beers and having a grand old time at my friend's house watching these games.