Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England snowstorm memories.

CoastalWx

February 27, 2008

That was such a crazy winter in S NH...I could never manage over a 20 inch snow pack that winter despite getting almost 80" of snow...but up there you guys must have had 3 feet anyway. 4 feet wasn't out of the question...esp up into C NH.

• 2 weeks later...

Good storm, but not overwhelming here...the most exciting part by far was the model chase with Boxing Day last year.

I know snow wise wasn't that memorable out your way, but the storm itself was such a beast. To have inland spots like ORH and ORE gust higher than BOS is pretty noteworthy.

I know snow wise wasn't that memorable out your way, but the storm itself was such a beast. To have inland spots like ORH and ORE gust higher than BOS is pretty noteworthy.

Yeah we actually nearly verified blizzard conditions and the only reason we didn't is we kept getting too many obs with visibility in the 1/2 mile and 3/4 mile range.

ORH has 6 consecutive hours gusting over 40 knots (not mph) in that storm.

12" in Keene, which was a little "disappointing", but significant nonetheless

And the model watching was the most excitement I've ever had with a storm I have to say. 20-30" in eastern NY, western MA, and S VT where a few days earlier partly cloudy skies were a justifiable forecast. Absolutely incredible.

12" in Keene, which was a little "disappointing", but significant nonetheless

And the model watching was the most excitement I've ever had with a storm I have to say. 20-30" in eastern NY, western MA, and S VT where a few days earlier partly cloudy skies were a justifiable forecast. Absolutely incredible.

Yeah agreed. I went through Christmas Day constantly sneaking a peak at the models and this board. My wife hated it, but I knew it had the potential to be a beast so to me, it was justified..lol.

• 1 month later...