Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/13 Light/Moderate Snowfall Nowcasting & Observations

Northof78

59 minutes ago, tim said:

...no big whoop out here..about 1.5" of snow ..31.5°..snow has stopped..been light all morning.

Bill Evans( remember him?..ch.7) calling for up to 5" here on the east end..NFW that happens!!

I'm over 2 inches and I'm the farthest east.  I'm going measure again soon.  

12 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Has nothing to do with the low track, it's still a sheared out POS in general. It's about where the frontogenesis banding we're seeing set up now ends up and pivots as well as how fast the cold can get in. There are some good jet dynamics coming in to help out the banding/lifting (part of the sheared POS evolution as it won't collaborate with the well out to sea low) but I have a winners/losers sense of how this turns out not to mention the 60F most of us saw today which means light rates will stick to cold surfaces only when air temps are 32 or over. Heavy rates will help drop the temps too.

Hopefully this time tomorrow after the Bengals pull off the win we all have a wintry outcome. But many setups like this fail especially near the city.

I'm pleasantly surprised, it's been snowing all day and some of our heaviest snow was in the past hour!

32 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Yeah. Coming down hard here on the south shore but barely accumulating. I’ll be back after the super bowl, it’ll be a nice sight. 

I got some great pics of the snow coming down hard, the only thing it's not accumulating on is pavement, which is an artificial surface and doesn't count anyway!  While I was taking pictures of the beautiful postcard scenery a gorgeous scarlet cardinal flew right through the middle of the frame, a lucky capture!

• Like 2