Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Light/Moderate Snowfall Nowcasting & Observations

Northof78

55 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 5:00 am, we're up to 1.25" OTG, as intensity was a bit less the last 20 minutes or so.  Temp down to 32F, so melting should no longer be an issue, at least not until 9-10 am when the sun is up in the sky a bit.  Very pretty out there and it's great snowball snow...

As of 6:00 am, we're up to 1.50" OTG, as intensity as definitely lighter the last hour (1/4" fell).  Intensity picked back up the last 10 minutes and flakes are now more dendritic/drier, presumably due to better growth up in the DGZ and a colder column.  32F here.  

• Like 1

Wantage NJ (southern part): Solid 3" on the ground. Light snow in progress. nice sized flakes. clinging to all trees etc Roads are plowed. 26/25 at 638AM  This matches Vernon area report as well whee they are larger amount. I think we're done accumulating here around 9 or 10A (anything but a couple more tenths), but tonight may be different as I think a band of snow showers occurs with temps dropping to 10F up here by morning. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Friendly reminder because i see at least a few lurking who would make this comment…

snow totals are not measured on main roads. So the fact that many roads remain wet does not change the snow totals, nor does it mean that the “snowier models” were wrong. The exact opposite maybe. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Weenie 1

Just now, BxEngine said:

Friendly reminder because i see at least a few lurking who would make this comment…

snow totals are not measured on main roads. So the fact that many roads remain wet does not change the snow totals, nor does it mean that the “snowier models” were wrong. The exact opposite maybe. 

BX you are not far from me and I have not been outside yet but my guesstimate would be 2 inches give or take here in New City,,,,,what do you have , do you know ?

3 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Hey I’m just noting what kind of snow it is if that was in reference to my post.

2 inches as I said which sure beats expectations

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

Hey I’m just noting what kind of snow it is if that was in reference to my post.

2 inches as I said which sure beats expectations

Nah we posted at almost the same time, wasnt you dont worry. Youll see it when its posted i promise. :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

BX you are not far from me and I have not been outside yet but my guesstimate would be 2 inches give or take here in New City,,,,,what do you have , do you know ?

We were at exactly 2 a little while ago but it was still snowing at a light but moderately light clip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of 6:00 am, we're up to 1.50" OTG, as intensity as definitely lighter the last hour (1/4" fell).  Intensity picked back up the last 10 minutes and flakes are now more dendritic/drier, presumably due to better growth up in the DGZ and a colder column.  32F here.  

As of 7:00 am, up to 1.75" with fairly light intensity most of the last hour, but picking back up again now.  Temp down to 31F.  HRRR shows another inch or so for most through about noon, but at fairly light rates of 1/4" per hour, I doubt we'll see that much more accumulate with the indirect sunlight becoming more of an issue for melting by 9-10 am.  Guessing we'll end up with 2-2.5" here.