• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/13 Light/Moderate Snowfall Nowcasting & Observations

Northof78

I am quite surprised. I have well over 3 inches of snow on the picnic table here in Macungie and on the grass right now, much less on the pavements.  The best snowfall rates all year with fluffy half dollar size dendrites falling heavily. If this death band keeps going, we will have met winter storm requirements in the next few hours. Again, its about dam time it snows here this year instead of at the shore.

• Like 3

Woke up at 3:30 am and it was snowing moderately with a dusting on the colder surfaces; went outside at 4:30 am and it's still snowing moderately (close to heavily) and we have 1.0" on the ground, including 1/4-1/2" on paved surfaces, already - as expected, the snowfall rate is greater than the melting rate and now that we have a snow foothold on paved surfaces, the rest of the falling snow should accumulate on those surfaces, as it's down to 33F.  The snow is kind of like icy granules in a water ice.  Looks like 2-3" should verify easily if this kind of rate keeps up.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tatamy said:

This is what a bust to the upside looks like.  Been snowing here for about 3 hours.  4” new

848FD8B9-1F29-4A89-AF92-C93156286B1C.jpeg

1 minute ago, Tatamy said:

This is what a bust to the upside looks like.  Been snowing here for about 3 hours.  4” new

848FD8B9-1F29-4A89-AF92-C93156286B1C.jpeg

Definitely a bust here. They were saying 1/2". We are closing in on 4" here soon with moderate snow falling. 27°

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

I verify here in Macungie with death band over me.  Hitting 5 in and still puking snow.  NWS should issue a winter storm warning. Tree limbs really getting plastered.

Props to the HRRR/RAP/HREF on this one WRT to better placement of the most intense FGEN.  NAM/GFS look to have been out to lunch on this one.

• Like 2

27° moderate snow continues. Haven't officially gone out to measure yet and still had a couple inches otg so will have to venture out soon to see how much new snow has fallen on the board. Looks like it may be 2+ inches already but since I was expecting 0 still wondering if my eyes deceive me.

WWA for 2-3 inches in Orange, Rockland, Putnam and Westchester.

Love surprises like this.

34 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Woke up at 3:30 am and it was snowing moderately with a dusting on the colder surfaces; went outside at 4:30 am and it's still snowing moderately (close to heavily) and we have 1.0" on the ground, including 1/4-1/2" on paved surfaces, already - as expected, the snowfall rate is greater than the melting rate and now that we have a snow foothold on paved surfaces, the rest of the falling snow should accumulate on those surfaces, as it's down to 33F.  The snow is kind of like icy granules in a water ice.  Looks like 2-3" should verify easily if this kind of rate keeps up.  

As of 5:00 am, we're up to 1.25" OTG, as intensity was a bit less the last 20 minutes or so.  Temp down to 32F, so melting should no longer be an issue, at least not until 9-10 am when the sun is up in the sky a bit.  Very pretty out there and it's great snowball snow...

• Like 1