Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 13-14 snowstorm/nor’easter potential

George001

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Surface results are the same or slightly worse, It sucked.

I couldn't care less at this point...the 00z run upside was a moderate event....this is way better even if it doesn't satisfy the queens at Day 4-5. It was a pretty big move for the euro.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I couldn't care less at this point...the 00z run upside was a moderate event....this is way better even if it doesn't satisfy the queens at Day 4-5. It was a pretty big move for the euro.

H5 yes it was, I will agree on that it was better then 0z.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

100% agree. I was thinking the same.  Who really cares if the surface didn’t respond just yet…we are still a moderate ways out, and the 500mb was significantly improved. I think that’s all you can ask for at this lead, especially for the Euro. 

If H5 improves again at the same magnitude that 12z did, you will definitely see the surface respond strongly....this run was getting close. If we were 60-72 hours out, I'd probably say this wasn't enough, but we have another couple cycles to get this into hit territory.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

:huh:

It may have resulted flat at the surface but the 'fun' of that was directed for Will...  we've been discussing the N/stream sensitivity to this whole thing, so the stepped improvement in that regard was what we were looking for - 'boom' was in deference to that.   'boom, there we go..'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

It was a big move by the Euro, but too little, too late.  Can't expect big moves like this again.

Agreed... and I've seen the Euro and other models do this in the past...where they begin capitulating on a given run cycle, but not full in... it's like they 'hedge' in a way.  If that mid/U/A comes in nudged even more amplified on the 18 ...0z, it'll probably break the dam and will go too far ( if anything...) the other way. 

Or not...but that type of antic is not uncommon.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Agreed... and I've seen the Euro and other models do this in the past...where they begin capitulating on a given run cycle, but not full in... it's like they 'hedge' in a way.  If that mid/U/A comes in nudged even more amplified on the 18 ...0z, it'll probably break the dam and will go too far ( if anything...) the other way. 

Or not...but that type of antic is not uncommon.

Yeah I'm not sure how many people realize how quickly this can go from fish food to a storm sitting over SE MA when playing with the fire on the northern stream like that. It's what we want for a high-end event, but there's a critical point where this comes way west if you phase that in early enough.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'm not sure how many people realize how quickly this can go from fish food to a storm sitting over SE MA when playing with the fire on the northern stream like that. It's what we want for a high-end event, but there's a critical point where this comes way west if you phase that in early enough.

I would honestly take 8" of paste followed by a period of IP/rain, over a foot of subby sauce like the blizzard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was shocked to see Dryslot so meh, that was a sizeable move. All I needed to see.

• Like 1