• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

20 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

I think where lake effect happens it quickly changes the ratio game. So it’s definitely hit or miss. 

I just measured and I only got 1.5 inches in the last 24 hours. Add that to the 7.7 inches from the first two waves gives me 9.2 inches so far. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Not sure how well this will post but looking at snow depth climo this has been our best year for max depth since 2014-15.  We are way behind on the 1" baseline as Nov and Dec both only saw 2 days each with 1", and that was it!  We followed it up with a Jan that had a 1" snow depth on 30 of the 31 days!  The 6" and 12" depths will likely continue to grow for several more days but through Feb 3 here we are getting up there quick despite 0 days during the first half of the season!  1676080755_feb3.thumb.png.dc8108a97168a6b0e7c78aa0422ccc62.png

‘99-‘00 had 114 days of 1” of snow OTG? That beat ‘76-‘77? Where was I…

21 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Solid! Doesn't seem like such a bad winter after this storm. What's your annual average in Cazenovia?

Oswego's still well below average, but we've made some progress since our miserably warm months of Nov. and Dec. This is a great way to kick off February. 

140-150" average. 

The snow has actually increased to moderate as I type this.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

That’s the 47th consecutive hour BUF has reported snow.  

B2FC32EC-DDF0-45A5-B990-40F6A99A0A2F.jpeg

That faint streamer off Ontario has floated over BUF all night.  Nothing more that a dusting but as of the 854am data pull we were on consecutive hour 58 of snow.  Sure it’s not something data is kept on but has to be a pretty unusual occurrence for KBUF I would assume.?

2 hours ago, tim123 said:

Seems like those kuchera maps aren't so dumb. 

They only verified for less than 10 percent of our area. There are better maps to use.  I ended up with 12”, basically spot on the 10:1 forecast. If I went by a kuchera map, then my forecast busted by nearly 50 percent in my backyard.  

• Like 7
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

That faint streamer off Ontario has floated over BUF all night.  Nothing more that a dusting but as of the 854am data pull we were on consecutive hour 58 of snow.  Sure it’s not something data is kept on but has to be a pretty unusual occurrence for KBUF I would assume.?

Nahhhh…now the temperature difference…

26 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Good grouping of snowfall reports in no. Onondaga. Looks like double that at in Oswego Cty.

Screenshot_20220205-095618_Chrome.jpg

I picked up more than that here over the past 24 hours....more equivalent to Oswego County. Bville seems to do much better than several miles NE by you guys on a NW wind. Right on the line...

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I picked up more than that here over the past 24 hours....more equivalent to Oswego County. Bville seems to do much better than several miles NE by you guys on a NW wind. Right on the line...

You are closer to L.O. and better wind direction, but mostly closer to lake this time, I think.  This stuff was low topped and barely registering on radar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

They only verified for less than 10 percent of our area. There are better maps to use.  I ended up with 12”, basically spot on the 10:1 forecast. If I went by a kuchera map, then my forecast busted by nearly 50 percent in my backyard.  

Arws where a bit high but not rgem or euro or gfs with ratios.