• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

14 minutes ago, yankees102110 said:

Every model had at least 8 inches here with some a foot plus, I have about an inch and a half of new snow. The snow line ended up 15 miles NW of me,  I think I’m signing off for the rest of the winter LOL. A tad over 20 inches on the season now.

I had 2" of sleet when I left. Started snowing but now I'm down in east Greenbush where the sleetfest continues. Absolutely horrible commute with the ice ball bearings impossible to manage 

I’m feeling fortunate that we don’t have significant ice damage.  Could have been pretty bad, but the temp held at 32° most of the night and it was a pretty steady rain (vs. light mist) so it didn’t build up too much.  Still dealing with all sleet at 8:15am and 23°.  Half inch total frozen stuff on top of whatever is left of our original snowpack. 

Happy for the NW folks!  Seems like it’s been a good stretch of winter for y’all!

• Like 1

Totals here, 7.5" / 0.73 liquid.  Total ratio 10.2:1.   The 2.5" that fell after 10pm had 0.28" liquid equivalent, only a 9:1 ratio. Up to 10 pm was 11:1.  Odd, would have expected higher, not lower ratio, later in storm.  

Noticed the Rome report here earlier was about a 6:1 ratio.  This is why I stay clear of Kuchie Koo maps.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, cny rider said:

So where did the term “jebwalk” come from?

There's a dude on here (Jebman) who was also a poster decades ago on, I can't remember if it was Easternuswx or Wright-Weather (former forums), who is extremely passionate about winter and his walks. At the time, he lived in the Mid-Atlantic (now Texas...strange...lol) and would post about his many walking adventures in the snow with many adjectives. Just a very funny, enthusiastic guy who "blogged" his "Jebwalks" for all to read. The term has stuck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

There's a dude on here (Jebman) who was also a poster decades ago on, I can't remember if it was Easternuswx or Wright-Weather (former forums), who is extremely passionate about winter and his walks. At the time, he lived in the Mid-Atlantic (now Texas...strange...lol) and would post about his many walking adventures in the snow with many adjectives. Just a very funny, enthusiastic guy who "blogged" his "Jebwalks for all to read. The term has stuck. 

Didn’t he love to shovel snow too. It seems to me he would post that he was getting ready to shovel his driveway and sidewalk and his neighbor’s too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Morning Morning folks,

Heavy rain yesterday and I believe we didn't get much higher than 42. Surprisingly we lost snow pack but not as bad as our friends to the south.

Extreme freezing rain here for a long time so far and it doesn't look like it transitions to sleet until this afternoon so it should make for a fun day.

a75354af4d494b933d2fccfee5b346c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 1