• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Snowfall rates increasing, haven't measured since 8 am as I've been at work, going to wipe board when I get home but eyeballing 5-6". 

I'd say about 1.5" here so far.  Dendrite size is "ok-ish" but intensity is light to maybe bordlne moderate. 

6 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Roc creeping along at a snails pace, right around 2 inches so far.  Got a long way to go to hit the 12-18 but deeper moisture is finally starting to show up on radar.  

That’s hard to believe. Pittsford had 1.5 when I left at 10:30 and Rochester has had moderate snow since. Have you measured?

Just now, rochesterdave said:

That’s hard to believe. Pittsford had 1.5 when I left at 10:30 and Rochester has had moderate snow since. Have you measured?

I've only walked outside my building and poked around.  It's just not amounting to much. It's like magic snow, except its not the fun kind of magic...  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

I think your way off. But we shall see

I can only hope I’m wrong. The last big synoptic storm pounded me with some of the heaviest rates I’ve ever seen and we still somehow only managed 11 inches. It’s just hard to get a truly big one these days.    But I will admit the upstream moisture feed right now is very impressive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

I can only hope I’m wrong. The last big synoptic storm pounded me with some of the heaviest rates I’ve ever seen and we still somehow only managed 11 inches. It’s just hard to get a truly big one these days.    But I will admit the upstream moisture feed right now is very impressive. 

Thats because we mixed alot with sleet. Alot like a inch qpf worth

2 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

You're getting 12-20" 

• Like 2

Light snow here , down to 24°, winds out of the NNE(39°).. Maybe 1/2" if we are lucky lol 3k has only inch or two by 7pm before accumulations pick up overnight..I have also noticed the NAM products have been pushing the worst of downsloping to my north, near the Oswego/Jefferson border, guess only time will tell lol

Also looks wetter overall..

Screenshot_20220203-155829.png

Screenshot_20220203-155847.png

• Like 2