• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

45 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, it actually takes a lot of the fun out of storms with how well things are handled around here.  Some nights when I'm out chasing I get so sad when I see a plow ruining all the fun.  Would love to have a storm where there were no plows or salts trucks for 24 hours.  Just let that snow pile up on the roads!

1000%. Nothing worse than the sound of splashing water as the cars go by on a main road during a snowstorm! 

1 minute ago, PerintonMan said:

Yeah this is kind of what I'm saying. The jackpot zone isn't going to be BUF-SYR (though the whole region will cash in pretty well). It's going to be just north of the mix line.

For sure that razor thin line will have maximas - but not far to the North and West of that - ratios will be a bit better - likely making things a bit more uniform than it looks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PerintonMan said:

Yeah this is kind of what I'm saying. The jackpot zone isn't going to be BUF-SYR (though the whole region will cash in pretty well). It's going to be just north of the mix line.

Once you factor in better ratios from BUF to ROC well all do about the same. We already have 5” here. I’m fully expecting another 7-10”  here which would put us at 12”+

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

Ratios down there will be lower.

1 minute ago, 96blizz said:

For sure that razor thin line will have maximas - but not far to the North and West of that - ratios will be a bit better - likely making things a bit more uniform than it looks.

1 minute ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Once you factor in better ratios from BUF to ROC well all do about the same. We already have 5” here. I’m fully expecting another 7-10”  here which would put us at 12”+

Yes, yes, I get it. Thanks, folks.

• Haha 3

Probably only a new inch on the ground here so far, max diurnal heating right now which is hurting us.  Things should really ramp up later this afternoon with sunset and the primary push of moisture.  I can see some subtle hints of lake enhancement on a NNE wind.  I'm being patient with such a nice long duration event.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 96blizz said:

Euro 10:1.  Have we talked about ratios yet?  

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

This map certainly has the most reasonable numbers.  Seems like Buffalo will go higher than those but overall I think this is where we end up.  A great storm for almost this whole forum (Sorry Catskills posters :( )

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

This map certainly has the most reasonable numbers.  Seems like Buffalo will go higher than those but overall I think this is where we end up.  A great storm for almost this whole forum (Sorry Catskills posters :( )

For fun...  Here's a Kuchera.  Remember, the snowiest maps can make people happy in the moment.  Weenies rejoice.

image.png.d5daa456d0c02c2a4f0a884625360d82.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, PerintonMan said:

Yeah, I'm pretty close in Cax...but I think Jack's might be shared with S. shore of L. Ontario as ratios go up on Friday...probably pushing 20+" there...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

For fun...  Here's a Kuchera.  Remember, the snowiest maps can make people happy in the moment.  Weenies rejoice.

image.png.d5daa456d0c02c2a4f0a884625360d82.png

I stay away from kuchera as it just sets you up for disappointment, usually.  There are times though that it picks up on lower ratio situations. We saw that last winter with one storm I sort of recall. 

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

I stay away from kuchera as it just sets you up for disappointment, usually.  There are times though that it picks up on lower ratio situations. We saw that last winter with one storm I sort of recall. 

So do you think this will underperform?  It's been challenging to decipher where you stand...

• Thanks 1