• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

8 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, it actually takes a lot of the fun out of storms with how well things are handled around here.  Some nights when I'm out chasing I get so sad when I see a plow ruining all the fun.  Would love to have a storm where there were no plows or salts trucks for 24 hours.  Just let that snow pile up on the roads!

I know you’re being facetious (I think) but the danger of not plowing is the inability of people to make it to the hospital in the event of a medical emergency. My mother was on dialysis at the end of her life and I used to worry every time there was heavy snow in the forecast about her making it to the dialysis center. 

53 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Nothing in se Broome County to over a foot in nw part of county and its a pretty small county.

I'm in the west central part right on Tioga county line to the west. Still rain and 37.2° here. Seen radar coefficient earlier showing rain/snow line and it was just a couple miles nw of here but it's really taking its time dropping se.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Off topic but we need some more females posting. There is way too much testosterone in the Upstate forum. :lol:

I know of a couple well-known ladies from OT who could come over here...................................................................................................................................................................

• Haha 3

Totally thought there was going to be a break or at least a period of time of the flurries between this mornings batch and this afternoon/tonight’s heavier stuff but radar looks phenomenal for this area and the snow just continues to pound even though flake size has decreased again we’re still probably at .75”/hr or so. 

we’re at 5” here already. 

• Like 4