• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

1 minute ago, 96blizz said:

Exactly this. I come from NJ and feel the same. We just shrug our shoulders and maybe grab some extra junk food for fun. 

That and there a LOT less people. Thank God. 

Yes, yes, and Yes. We somehow need to limit how much of you Joysey and Long Islanders are coming here though! No Long Island Part 2. :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Despite this amount of rain and hitting 45 degrees and 46 degrees the last 2 days, snow depth remained intact. I think that last storm was most amount of QPF I've seen in a synoptic event here. A general 7-14" across Erie County. 

2022&cp=0

2022&cp=0

Yoy got this for monroe county? Would imagine its more like 5 to 8 here

20 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

That's because we either doubt it's going to happen or it's just a part of our lifestyle to have enough things stocked up... we also know how well they take care of the roads and that we won't be trapped in our homes for long. :) 

Living in an area where roads are well plowed and taken care of makes all the difference. I've been in both sides of that, and turned me into more of a snow 'weenie' over time.

4" so far in Amherst, this should be a 12"+ storm here. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Despite this amount of rain and hitting 45 degrees and 46 degrees the last 2 days, snow depth remained intact. I think that last storm was most amount of QPF I've seen in a synoptic event here. A general 7-14" across Erie County. 

2022&cp=0

2022&cp=0

Pretty sure that 12" is my house. All the snow didnt even melt off of my blacktop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leelee said:

Living in an area where roads are well plowed and taken care of makes all the difference. I've been in both sides of that, and turned me into more of a snow 'weenie' over time.

We got a new member of weenie nation! 

#1 rule post the map with the highest total over our area. :drunk:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, Leelee said:

Road maintenance and plowing: I'm not a big "taxation fan" ,but this is one of the best use of taxes in this state. I am very impressed with the state (at least Upstate) in this regard.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leelee said:

Yeah, it actually takes a lot of the fun out of storms with how well things are handled around here.  Some nights when I'm out chasing I get so sad when I see a plow ruining all the fun.  Would love to have a storm where there were no plows or salts trucks for 24 hours.  Just let that snow pile up on the roads!

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, it actually takes a lot of the fun out of storms with how well things are handled around here.  Some nights when I'm out chasing I get so sad when I see a plow ruining all the fun.  Would love to have a storm where there were no plows or salts trucks for 24 hours.  Just let that snow pile up on the roads!

You love the damaging wind gusts your truck produces as you soar down neighborhood streets, don't you?

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Exactly this. I come from NJ and feel the same. We just shrug our shoulders and maybe grab some extra junk food for fun. 

That and there a LOT less people. Thank God. 

I fill the bathtub with whiskey if it really looks like roads will be bad. #prepper ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Its like that clip from the movie snow day :lol:

image.jpeg.879f0b4d0ed5699336b3044750bdeb08.jpeg

Totally thought there was going to be a break or at least a period of time of the flurries between this mornings batch and this afternoon/tonight’s heavier stuff but radar looks phenomenal for this area and the snow just continues to pound even though flake size has decreased again we’re still probably at .75”/hr or so. 

• Like 1