• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

31 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Very high confidence storm at this point. Almost no limiting factors for the 3 thruway cities. 

You're more confident than I am. I would say KALB is about as low confidence as there is, even moreso than my location. This is a day I'm very glad this isn't my job :lol:. I do agree the other I-90 thruway cities are much easier though, especially west of Utica. This should be fantastic for your particular location too!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Not worth much but ARWs are colder and obscene for me. Then you have an RGEM solution that's pitiful. Lol

Yeah, I see what you mean. At least there's some hope to cling to but im not liking the odds... least down here. I think you're in a better spot being more north than east from here.

ncep-wrf-fv3-conus-nystate-total_snow_10to1-4019200.thumb.png.cca1e2e2da99d16479ffb0b877d7a910.pngncep-wrf-arw-conus-nystate-total_snow_10to1-4019200.thumb.png.016b5ef623c374ce6ff81104afd776f2.png

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Open up here. Bville apparently cancelled after school activities. 

Yum!

What’s your temperature like?  I’m still at 35 with light wet snow falling. It’s still too warm for any accumulation especially during the day. I know the temperature is supposed to fall during the day but I hate seeing this snow melt when it hits the ground. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Yeah, I see what you mean. At least there's some hope to cling to but im not liking the odds... least down here. I think you're in a better spot being more north than east from here.

ncep-wrf-fv3-conus-nystate-total_snow_10to1-4019200.thumb.png.cca1e2e2da99d16479ffb0b877d7a910.pngncep-wrf-arw-conus-nystate-total_snow_10to1-4019200.thumb.png.016b5ef623c374ce6ff81104afd776f2.png

Pretty wild ARW run  that I'd pay handsomely to verify. But damn 2' to 2" in a 30 min drive. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stash said:

You're more confident than I am. I would say KALB is about as low confidence as there is, even moreso than my location. This is a day I'm very glad this isn't my job :lol:. I do agree the other I-90 thruway cities are much easier though, especially west of Utica. This should be fantastic for your particular location too!

I should have been more specific. Reference was Buf-Syracuse 

10 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

What’s your temperature like?  I’m still at 35 with light wet snow falling. It’s still too warm for any accumulation especially during the day. I know the temperature is supposed to fall during the day but I hate seeing this snow melt when it hits the ground. 

32 degrees. I agree. It seems like a waste. :( I see precip is breaking up again over the Finger Lakes Shredder. We'll definitely have to wait til later today for good stuff.

14 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

Do you know what the location is near Sidney where many maps show a number?  Sidney airport?

Not sure, but I think you're right that it's probably the Sidney airport. There is an observation station in Sidney too, probably the airport as well.

Screenshot_20220203-104323_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c69fffc5ae4e1787d637f468be0a58ab.jpg

• Like 1