• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

Here are the current forecasted totals for Upstate NY, with the dividing line cutting right through it.  Much more uniform totals over Central and Western NY.  Saratoga County alone is 4"-18".  If that's mostly sleet at the southern end of the county, that could be equal impact to those higher snow totals in the northern end.  Still 38 with light rain at the moment.

StormTotalSnow.jpg

19 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

You gotta love when NWS bulks up the maps just as the snow begins. Snowing in Pittsford. Gonna be a long drive to VT today. Nothing too treacherous. That comes tonight!

Hope you have a great trip. You ended getting a WAY better weekend than I did. I’d do anything to be driving to Vermont today in a storm. All my favorite things in one. 

• Like 2

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

Pure currier and Ives…not feeling this storm. 1.9” and light snow with small dendrites. I’m going at the low end of 8” for KBUF and Williamsville…but if an underachiever 

Were already at almost 3” in the southtowns and we’ll likely see another 1-2” before the real good come this afternoon and tonight. I see double digits here by tomorrow midday. 

• Like 4

Just now, rochesterdave said:

Got to hand it to the models on this one. Really locked in several days ago and didn’t change to much. Which performed the best (so far)? 

Remarkably the GGEM and NAM IMO. They never bit on anything SE and were consistent with the big time second wave. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Remarkably the GGEM and NAM IMO. They never bit on anything SE and were consistent with the big time second wave. 

Relative to lead times, all the models did fairly well.. They all wavered a bit but at times showed the general idea. Over the last day and a 1/2 the euro seemed pretty steady.   But then again, verification hasn't happened yet, lol!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stash said:

Here are the current forecasted totals for Upstate NY, with the dividing line cutting right through it.  Much more uniform totals over Central and Western NY.  Saratoga County alone is 4"-18".  If that's mostly sleet at the southern end of the county, that could be equal impact to those higher snow totals in the northern end.  Still 38 with light rain at the moment.

StormTotalSnow.jpg

Morning folks!

Dave, good luck with your Ski trip, should be a banger this weekend.

40 degrees and light rain here in the HV. Wondering if our 1-2" might move towards 2-3 or something because of the shifts. I saw some pink on the map north of us in Ulster, kinda early for freezing rain. Conditions are obviously good here since its been all rain eyeball that transition timing. Wife and coworkers of hers already asking for what the deal is tomorrow and I said "A whole lotta shit" :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Relative to lead times, all the models did fairly well.. They all wavered a bit but at times showed the general idea. Over the last day and a 1/2 the euro seemed pretty steady.   But then again, verification hasn't happened yet, lol!

GFS struggled the most for S and E of here. Wasn’t all bad here - but got a lot of hopes up closer to the major cities.