• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

17 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Just wiped board 1.2” so far. Very granular snow, not conducive to adding up fast. Definitely using 1:10 for this one. 

Interesting, makes sense. I don't think we see better snow growth (at least here) till afternoon and evening.

4 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Yeah Brian...first part of the storm for CNY through 2pm will be a nothing burger...

I've been watching the trends over the last couple days with regard to Omega and DGZ,  and it has trended better for this evening.

Liking my spot in Caz...13" is my call for here.

Agree. The latest model runs do look more promising for later tomorrow and overnight. I think that's where we see the bulk of the snow fall. Up till then...maybe 1-3". Your area looks good for a foot or so. 

• Like 1

I have officially no more models to look at. It is time to get the stretch bread for the fondue, cookies and brownies will be baked, coffee and hot chocolate galore and some takeout from the local skaneateles restaurants. I’m calling at least 6 Jebwalks as the over/under and half with my children. Definitely a football game in the middle of the best rates with me as the automatic QB and my two young boys  

We have tracked. We have laughed. We have cried. We have religiously peed at 1AM so we can catch the Euro output after automatically getting up via some strange internal weenie alarm clock. We have posted Kuchera maps we know are patently ludicrous. We’ve argued and made up. We’ve learned more about weather and each other.

It’s go time you crazy muthaf*ckas. It’s been an honor to track with you all.

Good luck and Godspeed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Do I get 3", 12"? Both seem equally reasonable. It's kind of refreshing to not be all wrapped up in a system. Just gonna see what she gives. 

Models have anything from 5-20 here In Fulton Cty LOL. Looks like Montgomery cty could be in the screw zone.

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

You gotta love when NWS bulks up the maps just as the snow begins. Snowing in Pittsford. Gonna be a long drive to VT today. Nothing too treacherous. That comes tonight!

Yes, they are buying into the mesos! Be safe. Have fun. Be thankful it turned out this way. God speed! 

• Like 1