• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

51 minutes ago, brentrich said:

Who would want to wash car in February, what a waste of $$$$$ Wait until April/May. 

only people who have never lived in a really snowy area can talk like that. I used to live in Buffalo, and I took every opportunity I got to rinse the salt off my car. It's literally eating and destroying the vehicle body. And in the end you'd have to spend a lot more $$$ to fix it later when it's all rusted through :) 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Interesting Pearson still reporting 35F and rain. But Toronto has large geographical area so changeover would probably start north of 407 and then make its way to lake. Island is still 36-37F and rain 

The updated report from Pearson at 5:33 has snow starting to mix in with the rain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Expecting rain, frz rain, sleet, and snow in that order. That combination of snow and ice should finally put me over 20" on the season. My largest "storm" has been about 6", so I might not quite reach that. I'll be curious to see how fast the rain/ice line progresses east tomorrow, but overall just a "meh" event. Enough of everything to be a nuisance, not enough of anything to be too interesting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Ya, that’s what I was wondering where. Pearson is interesting but I believe it’s been snowing north of Hwy 7 most of the day? I know Kitchener switched at noon but brantford stayed rain all afternoon 

Here is approximate changeover timeline. I would think it would be in next 1-2 hours for you.

May be an image of map

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Yep. No snow tonight unless you live in far WNY

This is the heaviest rain I’ve seen in a while. I’m interested in all types weather/weather related issues so this will be interesting in a few weeks regarding spring flooding along the grand river. The snow pack seems to be absorbing most. Lost an inch though in the last 2 hours so down to 4” but it’s like mashed potatoes