Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Medium/Long Range Discussion

snowmagnet

12 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

I"m trying to remember the last solid Super Bowl Sunday storm.  I think there was one in '96 right?  (It was also cold AF).

The Feb 2010 Blizzard happened on Saturday, one day before the Super Bowl; so many where still snowed in Super Bowl Sunday

Remember this is an IMBY sport. All us northern folks have been plenty nice and congratulatory to this point on the success to the SE, but let it be known that won’t be happening here. 

I too will take the CMC over everyone SE cashing in. Fortunately, as WWxLuvr, I like this storm to have the best chance of any to come NW. I personally like the trends upstairs on the GFS even though this run the jack was SE. Couple more moves in that direction please, post h84 RGEM also would make me happy. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

You guys are getting kind of hosed up there. I got 1. 8 inches on the Jan 3rd storm, but made up for it with the coastal. 

NW areas got neither.

I'm just whining. It is what it is. As was posted, it is only Wednesday. It could come NW. It could go out to sea. Will it be an A, or an B? We may never know. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Remember this is an IMBY sport. All us northern folks have been plenty nice and congratulatory to this point on the success to the SE, but let it be known that won’t be happening here. 

I too will take the CMC over everyone SE cashing in. Fortunately, as WWxLuvr, I like this storm to have the best chance of any to come NW. I personally like the trends upstairs on the GFS even though this run the jack was SE. Couple more moves in that direction please, post h84 RGEM also would make me happy. 

I agree that it’s an IMBY sport, and I don’t think anyone has a real problem with people rooting that way. I don’t love the F-your-BY attitude that sometimes happens though. If it’s not actually better for your (not DDweather, just a hypothetical your) backyard, why root against someone else’s snow? Putting aside of course that rooting doesn’t help anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Wow, RGEM was starting to phase in the northern stream on the west side at the end of the run. Might be worrying about rain with that lol 

It kinda went to what I was saying about the 18z eps amplified members where the track looked good but we still didn’t get snow because it was keying on the NS so it all developed to our north. 

11 minutes ago, SnowDreamer said:

I agree that it’s an IMBY sport, and I don’t think anyone has a real problem with people rooting that way. I don’t love the F-your-BY attitude that sometimes happens though. If it’s not actually better for your (not DDweather, just a hypothetical your) backyard, why root against someone else’s snow? Putting aside of course that rooting doesn’t help anyway. 

In the darker corner of the snow weenie brain, a fail always feels worse if others just south or east or north east got something...I think a lot of us have it, to a degree...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It kinda went to what I was saying about the 18z eps amplified members where the track looked good but we still didn’t get snow because it was keying on the NS so it all developed to our north. 

Good catch. And the Ukie does some weird shit and has marginal temps so it gives us some white rain. We say the Icon SUCKS (which it does), but goddamn the Ukie Sssssuuuuuccckkkkkssssssssss.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, H2O said:

I ain’t saying shit. I’ll take whatever falls. I certainly don’t think what is shown on a Wednesday clown map is exactly how it will happen so being in the jack is lol

I'm on a plane crying right now.  A grown man, on his way to what most normal people would call a Tropical paradise.  And I feel sick.  What's wrong with us?

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic