Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Medium/Long Range Discussion

snowmagnet

8 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

If it makes you feel any better, it looks like the Canadian fringes you in an opposite direction by vaulting the initial precip well NW

I_nw_EST_2022020912_096.thumb.png.263abe2a609b8b7357876465c6e47f35.png

https://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmdn/pcpn_type/pcpn_type_gem_reg.html

That seems extreme, but I do wonder if the GFS is overdoing the push of cold air like it did with the last storm or two.

1 minute ago, WVclimo said:

Current LWX forecast for Sunday here is partly sunny with a high of 34.  Hoping the models showing a snowstorm start to gain more support.

Probably be some signifcant changes to the zone forecasts with the 3pm update today...especially if Euro comes more on board a little

1 minute ago, pazzo83 said:

I"m trying to remember the last solid Super Bowl Sunday storm.  I think there was one in '96 right?  (It was also cold AF).

I mean.. we did have that one wet paste storm this time last year. Was impressive for some areas but ofc for most what little snow fell melted by midday. 

10 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Of all the storms we’ve had this year, this is the one most likely to trend north/west. There’s nothing to the ne shunting out to sea, it’s later in the season where the cold ouch isn’t quite so forceful. I’ll bet the NE people are just sitting back smiling.

Excellent point!  (Timing of the key features will of course be crucial).

Just now, Cobalt said:

I mean.. we did have that one wet paste storm this time last year. Was impressive for some areas but ofc for most what little snow fell melted by midday. 

ah yeah I do remember - I think the urban core it was nothing much.   I was thinking of this storm which was a week after the Super Bowl that year: http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/1996/03-Feb-96.html

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic