Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 4 2022 Stupid Ice Threat

mappy

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Well not for the northern crew but yes its a bit warmer for lower elevations. Not a surprise

That's more accurate, same folks who saw ice and sleet on the NAM and Euro see it on the GFS. 6z was warmer then you saw 12z. For those who are in the impact zone, these are important runs. If the 0z GFS looks like 12z or the 18z NAM, thats not a good sign. We're getting to the point where we are starting to look at NAM's for thermals as well. 

If I'm reading 18z GFS ZR maps on pivotal right, that's close to half an inch of freezing rain in a band from Cecil County through Harford and Baltimore, down into Howard and Montgomery Counties (also further inland in Carroll/Frederick).  I know consensus is still missing so we're still low confidence, but the GFS really does not want to budge.  I'm sure there are some considerations around using the "ice clown maps" to gauge real world impact as with snow (and I'd love to hear more about them from red taggers or others knowledgeable), but yikes, no thanks.

1 hour ago, Jebman said:

I am under a Winter Storm Warning for a Stupid Ice Threat, too. Tons of rain and arctic winds, changing to ZR and IP later tonight.

You are going to get absolutely shellacked by the ice! It’s gonna be so icy your house will turn into an igloo! Hope you know how to ice skate, because when you go on a JebWalk you’ll have to skate down the frozen Texas roads!

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

• mappy unpinned this topic