Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1-3rd GHD III Part 3

Chicago Storm

6 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

So, per that I'm firmly in the 4-6" region. The CONUS map has a 5.1" a bit north of here. I suppose we may have nibbled our way to the 5" mark after we got home at 7:30 but the compaction of the lower layer, large puddles soaking up more on my sidewalks, etc it just isn't 5" out there on the level. More like 3.5 or so by eyeballing. Basically, it just restored the amount we had OTG from the clippers. Wash, rinse, repeat on our snow depth here this winter. Once a pattern establishes for a winter, they're very stubborn. Depth here has been stuck in a 2-4" rut it just can't seem to break free of. 

Not sure but if that's the case you definitely were in some sort of screw hole. Depth here is 5-6 and as said you don't even touch ground when walking on it lol. Most reports coming in are around 6" give or take a few tenths.  I'm being lazy so I haven't thawed out my rain gauge yet but I'm definitely interested to see what the total liquid equivalent was. It will be easy to figure out because there was 0.10" of rain ahead of the switch to snow so I will be able to just subtract the 0.10 from the total. 1st order of business tho is to get this stuff cleared. This should be a very interesting task lol. 6z models inched North with some snow today.

DTW 6.2, ARB 6.2", FNT 11.0", MBS 4.5"

6 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

00Z Euro not looking good from a suppression standpoint.  Repeating my mantra "I know my climo, there's nothing I can do about my climo, I accept my climo".  If I need to head SE and get some real Cincinnati chili, not that fake skyline crap, to see more snow I will lol.

Rain for wave one, a miss south for wave two.  Sigh.  It wouldn't be as bad had the model not hinted at something near historic for days.   When does spring start again? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowstormcanuck said:

3.5" officially at YYZ but on pavement it looks more like 1-2" of cement coated with powder.

Let's see if we can weasel our way past the 40" mark for the season this p.m.

Yes, latest guidance has wave 2 coming slightly further north, so maybe a couple more inches for us this evening.

3 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Looks like michsnowfreak and DTW might grind their way towards 8" as they get grazed with the light pixie dust from the 2nd wave.

Monroe had 5 to 6" and they could easily get another 3" today. Not out of the question for them to hit 10" in total lol. And pixie dust my ass, after that cement we dealt with this deserves to come in as pure fluff lol.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Monroe had 5 to 6" and they could easily get another 3" today. Not out of the question for them to hit 10" in total lol. And pixie dust my ass, after that cement we dealt with this deserves to come in as pure fluff lol.

Amen to that I’ll take some angel dandruff a lot easier to push around. Michigan ave is fine but regular roads are a mess right now. Ran to the Kroger and their lot is frozen was fun to push the cart thru mini mountains. Even the fluff slightly accumulating on Mich ave a little

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Well I just had to deal with 7 straight hours of heavy pingers (and even now we're still getting light pingers). So sorry to say, I can't empathize with your plight. :P

• Haha 5

MBY Tuesday morning prediction to city/county officials of 8" with the first round busted due to the delayed changeover yesterday morning, ending with 6.4". I built in some of the expected taint, but not enough.

I gave them a 6" forecast for today. Already have a little over a couple down, and radar's looking good so far. However, I think my 14" total prediction will be going down in flames. However, we are nearing double digits and it will be fun seeing several inches of fluff blow into some respectable drifts.

No matter what was predicted, any double digit snow is a win in my book.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I am actually seeing a few flurries right now :lmao:.   Hopefully you can get a couple inches. :weight_lift:

We have to be nearing a foot here, been a steady light but accumulating snow all day thus far. Freaking yard front and back averaging about feet with all the damn drifting.

Not sure where I am going to put all this crap when I do the driveway. Back part of my driveway has a 3 foot drift about 50 feet long and 6 feet wide. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

You only got 4"?  There was a time late this afternoon when you were supposedly between banding, but without an accurate radar who knows.  6" More or less here to Monroe

5 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Not sure but if that's the case you definitely were in some sort of screw hole. Depth here is 5-6 and as said you don't even touch ground when walking on it lol. Most reports coming in are around 6" give or take a few tenths.  I'm being lazy so I haven't thawed out my rain gauge yet but I'm definitely interested to see what the total liquid equivalent was. It will be easy to figure out because there was 0.10" of rain ahead of the switch to snow so I will be able to just subtract the 0.10 from the total. 1st order of business tho is to get this stuff cleared. This should be a very interesting task lol. 6z models inched North with some snow today.

DTW 6.2, ARB 6.2", FNT 11.0", MBS 4.5"

Yep, screw holed big time:

0700 AM     SNOW             3 N CANTON              42.35N 83.48W
02/03/2022  M4.1 INCH        WAYNE              MI   COCORAHS

24 HOUR SNOWFALL TOTAL.

If I run with that number, Nov 27th retains "top dog" at 4.2"

LOL, autumn -> winter at my new digs!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1