• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1-3rd GHD III Part 3

Chicago Storm

KOKK Kokomo airport been reporting -SN for a couple hours now.  Temps here have been a steady 35 for the last 6 hours after dropping from 48 around 2am.  Kinda stalled at the moment. Per meso that weak shortwave traversing far southern IN/OH river seems to have pumped a bit of a pesky warm nose up through SE/EC IN.  Hopefully as it passes NE the next hour or 2 we can start to transition.  Think I'm going to need at least 3 or 4 inches from this first part to get above 12.  Anything less than 12 is a bit of a disappointment.:weenie:

850mb_sf.gif?1643820648384

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, laferri2 said:

I see the northern Metro Detroit suburbs ending up with 3-5 inches; Metro Detroit will watch another big dog system slide by just to the south and\or north. 

That gap in the system burned us. Saginaw might get 12 inches, Monroe might get 12 inches and Lansing, Howell, Pontiac..... 4 to 8.

We'll see on Thur or Friday when the final storm report comes out.

Radar could fill in and make this all moot, but I wouldn't bank on it.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Environment Canada has cancelled the weather advisories for Toronto. Its rare for them to do it before the event has really started but shows how little impact they expect this storm to have. 

Original winter weather advisory was for 4-8" but now the forecast mentions more rain and max 2-4" for the event. 

Environment Canada just reissued the Weather Advisory at 11:43 am for Toronto. Latest forecast is 2” of snow today, 2-4” tonight and another 1” tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

KOKK Kokomo airport been reporting -SN for a couple hours now.  Temps here have been a steady 35 for the last 6 hours after dropping from 48 around 2am.  Kinda stalled at the moment. Per meso that weak shortwave traversing far southern IN/OH river seems to have pumped a bit of a pesky warm nose up through SE/EC IN.  Hopefully as it passes NE the next hour or 2 we can start to transition.  Think I'm going to need at least 3 or 4 inches from this first part to get above 12.  Anything less than 12 is a bit of a disappointment.default_hotdog.gif

I done disagree. So much rain and lost potential. We have switched over and it is coming down hard. I tossed us a live stream before going home for the day.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jonger said:

That gap in the system burned us. Saginaw might get 12 inches, Monroe might get 12 inches and Lansing, Howell, Pontiac..... 4 to 8.

We'll see on Thur or Friday when the final storm report comes out.

Radar could fill in and make this all moot, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I am thinking, based on the fact that the system is going to linger longer than expected, that SEMI will touch a foot, but that will be as of Sat AM. Flint\Saginaw/points west and south of the border will be looking at those sweet 16-24 numbers. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Winds blowing harder than forecast it seems. N-S roads are a complete disaster. Near whiteout conditions. 

I have some friends planning to drive from Peoria to the U of I game in Champaign tonight. They tried to convince me to go with 'em, but I didn't think it was a good idea. Feeling like I made the right call so far.

• Like 1

1200 PM     HEAVY SNOW       3.0 SW MIDWAY AIRPORT   41.74N 87.78W  
02/02/2022  M9.5 INCH        COOK               IL   CO-OP OBSERVER     

STORM TOTAL 9.5 INCHES, 5.3 IN THE PAST 6   
            HOURS.  

1200 PM     HEAVY SNOW       NWS CHICAGO-ROMEOVILLE  41.60N 88.08W  
02/02/2022  M8.9 INCH        WILL               IL   OFFICIAL NWS OBS   

STORM TOTAL 8.9 INCHES, 4.5 INCHES IN THE   
            PAST 6 HOURS.   

1200 PM     HEAVY SNOW       OHARE AIRPORT           41.98N 87.90W  
02/02/2022  M5.0 INCH        COOK               IL   OFFICIAL NWS OBS   

STORM TOTAL 5.0 INCHES, 3.5 IN THE PAST 6   
            HOURS.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Frog Town said:

It was very painful in Toledo watching it try to switch for four hours.  The front must of have been traveling at 10mph.... Finally switched over and hoping we can still get to a foot.  That's my threshold for this not to go to shit.  

I'm going full broken record here, but the models never really showed a full change over in Toledo until around 1-2. IMO everyone is jumping the gun here on lowering totals including the TV stations. Reports out of IL/IN are pretty convincing

7 minutes ago, Crispus said:

I have some friends planning to drive from Peoria to the U of I game in Champaign tonight. They tried to convince me to go with 'em, but I didn't think it was a good idea. Feeling like I made the right call so far.

agreed nothing worse than watching a home floor loss in the Big 10.

• Like 1